All new 2019 VESC-Tool release

13 Likes

I personally think that buying an almost useless phone only for vesc-tool is pretty stupid if you already own an iPhone…

10 Likes

I’m super calm and chill. You just come in here like a smokeshop owner saying tobacco really isn’t that bad. Of course I’m going to do what’s right. So you should probably continue making money on other people’s misfortune, but don’t come in here acting like Robin Hood. I will call you out.

download%20(27)

You engage with a Open Source Project which is based on GPL licensed Software. If your phone does not allow such software to be installed via the App Store (due to fundamental license incomparability), you will have to bite the bullet and get yourself a phone that allows you to install whatever you want. Apple is very restrictive when it comes to sharing things.

2 Likes

Apple is one of the largest supporters and contributors of open source software. In this case it is not apple restricting the usage, but the chosen GPL. I didn’t really expect to see an android vs iphone debate sparked by eskate riders. I guess they exist everywhere? I’ve developed on both platforms for a long time. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Someone earlier mentioned people being foolish for choosing a specific mobile device. I guess every online forum has at least one person who believes ridicule and alienating is an acceptable way of communicating with people. Given that with the apps we create, there is generally an 80/20 split favoring the iPhone, foolish would be limiting your user base without a good reason.

Apple are no saint of a company, but if you’re going to try take a moral high ground, then take a good look at google. They are equally if not more evil. They are both mega corps with one goal, taking money from us. They both screw us, but only from different ends. But without either we would not have the devices we have today. To say that either of them impede innovation is ignorant. Both have been some of the largest supporters of innovation we have seen in the last 30 years.

5 Likes

I once got lured into the cult of the damned in my youth. Then after importing all my mp3’s into my ipod. There was no way to get them out. It wasnt my property anymore. Thats some hardcore jehova shit right there. No more.

6 Likes

This is 100% grade-A bullshit right here. I work in the software industry.

Fanboi much?

Please, tell us another joke :rofl:

2 Likes

Sweet thanks!

1 Like

good on ya mate.

I’m personally not very biased about Apple. Thing is just the egal hurdle that is not solvable at the moment. GPLed software simply can’t be published in the App Store. And choosing a different license is not an easy job once multiple Authors are involved. Multiple authorship is the nature of OS.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to choose another license. It’s already got the highest-quality and best license possible.

Apple could bloody well decide to allow it – they choose not to. Fuck 'em. Don’t buy their crap. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

You’re misunderstanding the situation. Apple don’t care if you upload GPL’d software. It’s not apple’s license agreement you’ll be breaching by uploading GPL software to the app store. It’s the GPL you’ll be breaching. Apple will not come after you if you upload GPL software to the app store. The owners of the GPL’d software will. It’s an easy concept to understand if you bother to read apple’s license agreement, and the GPL.

Or you can just stick with higher quality companies that don’t intentionally insert artificial roadblocks to innovation for the purpose of taking more of your money.

It’s easy if you use your brain. But yours is infected with apple already. They have you by the gonads. (and the wallet)

1 Like

Do you have any facts or information to discuss? Or are you going to continue to use nonsense words like “best” and “highest quality” that mean nothing in this conversation. Are you so insecure by a stranger’s choice of a mobile phone that you have to insult them over the internet? You do realize you’re calling google, one of the worst companies on the internet “higher quality”, and I’m the fanboy? is the irony here lost on you? You haven’t given one piece of information to support your claims, fall back to insults when asked to discuss the details. Time to end this pointless conversation I’d say. Good luck.

6 Likes

I said nothing about google, only apple. If you want further assistance you can PM me a purchase order for my time.

1 Like

It’s not often I come across someone who isn’t aware that android was developed by google. Thank you for today’s surprise.

Clearly you have a reading comprehension deficiency. I never mentioned android either. You are so knee-deep in assumptions you don’t even know what you’re talking about any more. Which is good, because the more confused you are, the more apple can reach in your wallet and extract funds from you.

1 Like

So if you’re not talking about iphone, or android, which mobile os were you talking about when you said “Or you can just buy a real phone that isn’t crap” that runs vesc-tool? Seems that you’ve gotten so caught up in your own apple rant that you forgot what the original conversation was about. It’s okay, I know mobile phone rage can be a real emotional roller coaster.

I was talking about how apple makes innovation more expensive in the west and how their policies are specifically written to screw consumers. So the mobile OS I was talking about not using is called iOS.

You should get some more lube, you’re almost out.

Can we splitt this thread to “Battle to the death; Apple vs. All, Volume: IIX”

@mmaner

7 Likes