Alpha | Loaded Tesseract | Paris Trucks | BKB 6374 190kv | Custom CNC Mount | 12s | VESC

This is such a nice board. I really like it. So 10/10

1 Like

This has got to be the sickest first build ever! Well done. Looking forward seeing the finished product.

1 Like

Fantastic work. Just gorgeous.

1 Like

bucket

3 Likes

Great & perfect process !!! Enjooyyy :wink:

1 Like

Awesome Build!

1 Like

this is the next level cnc diy stuff. Btw, how would you adjust your belt tension. Based on motor mount setup, I don’t see a way to adjust tension unless u installed a belt pulley.

2 Likes

youre right, theres no way to adjust the tension. i used an online centre to centre distance calculator based on my pulleys and belt length and designed my motor mounting plate off that - the tension is pretty good, not too tight and not too slack

Just amazing! Taking DYI to the next level.

1 Like

So I managed to put the whole board together and get it going! Here are some photos from when I left off. The thick resin layer was sanded back:

And UV resistant clear coat was applied to the enclosure. I was pretty new at all this so the finish isn’t perfect, there’s pinholes and such but I couldn’t be bothered sanding and applying another layer of clear. Pretty happy with the results regardless. This is with the first pass of clear:

This is after sanding to 3000 grit and polishing:

I thought it’d be a shame to hide the nice Loaded badge under the enclosure so I slapped it on top (and hid some voids in the clear coat finish haha)

I didn’t take any photos of the inside, but I used some velcro to hold the battery in position along with some foam padding for protection/vibration dampening. Here’s the board fully assembled for the first time.

Took it out for a spin in the carpark with a buddy, it was a blast!

I still need to do some final bits and bobs before the build is complete. My friend noticed that when the board flexes the top and bottom lip of the enclosure actually gets exposed, even with 5mm foam, so I’m going to have to figure out how to seal that up properly. I’d like to cover up the power button hole/charging port hole with something. Also the grip tape now has a bunch of holes so I’d like to give it some fresh stuff to cover them up, maybe do a cool pattern with the laser cutter.

9 Likes

The cutouts for the battery’s switch, panel, and charge port was spot on! How did you manage that?

1 Like

Impeccable. great work, bud.

1 Like

I measured the dimensions of the button/charging port/voltage display on the battery, drew it out on some paper, cut out the holes with scissors and made adjustments until it was perfect! Then I laid that template down on the enclosure and used a Dremel to cut the cutouts.

1 Like

I very clean and well executed build… :ok_hand:

1 Like

Amazing enclosure and mounting work Ashe!! Also in NZ, same board and planning my first build now too. Don’t have those skills tho… any chance you’re keen to reuse your mould and make another one? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nice build! How do you tension your belt with that motor mount?

hey dude sorry the mould was thrown out during the end of year clean up :frowning: might i redirect you to mastercho enclosures, he has a long one that is similar shape to this!

cheers! this mount doesn’t allow for tension adjustment. i just used a centre to centre distance calculator i found online and punched in the values for my pulleys. tension appears to be about the same from day 1, i dont think the belt loosens that much over time!

1 Like

Cheers bro. Will do :ok_hand: