Another First Build needing help | Evo Falcon | DIY 10S3P Li-Ion | Single 6374

You can switch on off your battery meter? If no place it better on the xt90 which is behind the switch, close to the focbox. In this postion where it’s now it’s always switched on

I didn’t think to move the negative to match the buck converter. The documentation on the meter says it auto powers off after 10 seconds or some other predetermined time. I think I can change the auto time out so that its always on and then just use the power switch to turn it off or on. Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

I truly hope that I’m not the only person to ever make 2 stupid mistakes in a row… after verifying that I had all the wires connecting the random components correct I proceed to reconnect the new BMS to the battery… as I pressed the power button I heard a sizzle and there was smoke again… This time however I made the hasty mistake of reconnecting the #10 ballance lead to the wrong cell on the pack after fixing some of the poor solder joints I had… basically instead of connecting it to the final positive lead of the battery I connected it to the first negative lead… I quickly realized what I did wrong and fixed it. reconnected everything and it seems to work fine… the power switch looks like it turns on and off the battery but I’m wondering if now the balancing portion of the pack is gone. Thoughts?