Another Mellow Boards copycat?

alright, the ks is up nice one! i couldnt tell the real diffence betwe the R Kit and R complete and the next R Kit below that, whats the difference?

Shilezi, the Early Birds are at a greater discount and in limited numbers!

1 Like

Hi all. Mellow here. To all Chinese copycats, FOC you - copy this:

8 Likes

Lol abt time @Mellow lol

Have you ever started something in your workshop, and your wife calls, and you say just one more minute, and three hours later you’re still in there, tinkering away, because the project is just too damn fun and just pulls you in and keeps you?

Well, the last several months have been a bit like that.

Thanks for having us though. And be careful with those clones.

It’s not a question of competition - the early failures we’ve been hearing about is its own advertising for us anyway. (Nothing like wasting tons of money to make you look for better, more durable options.) It’s the fact that, as you all know, any failure at the speeds and in the places we’re riding will eventually be fatal.

Just an example: each motor of the Onan X-1 is attached by three simple 5 mm screws. So six flimsy bits of metal are holding your whole body weight, absorbing each shock, each crack, each jump, etc. The unit we checked out already had deformed screws after a few short uses. That kind of design flaw is just the beginning.

Stay Mellow!

4 Likes

Ahh…yes the silence

1 Like

lol da best pun

Do you have any better exploded views of ur motors or can u tell us what the shaft and bearing housing materials are made of?
Is the rubber polyurethane?

How many amps will the escs be capable of pulling maximum and what max voltage?

1 Like

I have my own X1 but had not deformed after times use, can you show the picures?

Hi Hummie, We have exploded views of the prototype motor on the Kickstarter main campaign page, and released a photo of the final version of our stator here in an update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1800147378/mellow-the-electric-drive-that-fits-under-every-sk/posts/1551988

Yes, polyurethane. Let me get back to you on the other questions.

the stator looks more like a mockup in plastic or something. it doesnt look like steel which it must be I dont see an exploded view but just the outside and how the tire attaches. Maybe I missed it but could you link me to an exploded view please? is it possible for the user to open the motor?

how long and wide is the stator? the more info you give us the more we can figure if the power will be enough for us or if the motor will possibly deteriorate. Dont things sold in germany have to last two years or something…some guarantee

Those are the sexiest windings I have ever seen.

1 Like

@anon94428844 That’s what I call a good ole fashion ass whooopin!

Maybe that’s the secret sauce?

It has to be steel. It’s the best/only thing for a stator. That pic has to be a dummy or whatever u want to call it. Wonder what’s really inside the whole motor. Wonder when it will ever be for sale so we can see. So many secrets in comercial enterprises. Beautiful 3D facades.

you mean prototype?

A prototype would be an early test of something but a transparent stator is non-functional. A stator has to have iron or some other ferromagnetic material.

Yes, that’s a mockup. Stator armature has to be ferromagnetic, as @Hummie said. Rotor can should be too, to increase the permeability (magnetic conductivity) and enhance the electric field within the motor. A certain Mellow clone (which will remain unnamed - hint, there’s only two…at the moment) uses aluminum, racking up waste heat and losing efficiency.

Back to Hummie’s questions: We don’t want to release the max amps figure now so that no one calculates system power erroneously, not including system efficiency. We’ve got 29V in the system now, but could go up to 110V with no big changes.

3 Likes