Another VESC problem

Hey there, unfortunately my VESC is broken somehow… When i pull the trigger there is a difference in the plot but the motor won’t spin and it does not show any error at all… It just does not do anything. Someone an idea? http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/2X/2/22d19240138daa2b87a8d6a04c59dfd666a6757f_1_666x500.JPG http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/2X/c/cc1f4c061ebd183054525eb491f0525f5a687ce9_1_666x500.JPG

the drv chip looks a little bit burned.

2 Likes

@flatsp0t @DeathCookies I was just about to comment on the DRV8302 chip, looks like a hole burnt in it. Can you get an error from BLDC Tool when it’s plugged in?

Also, the soldered connections to the motor and to the caps look like they could use some improvement, probably not the cause of the major error though.

That was my thought too… I am just curious that it does not show any error at all.

That is why i think there is another fault somwhere else.

The DRV error would show up in the realtime data feed in BLDC Tool, just verifying that this is where you are looking, and that you have realtime turned on?

Well, maybe i was not specific.

Well, i mean when i have connected it to the bldc-tool it does not show any error at all. The plot of the battery usage shows a difference but it does not turn anything[quote=“treenutter, post:3, topic:4393”] Also, the soldered connections to the motor and to the caps look like they could use some improvement, probably not the cause of the major error though. [/quote]

I got it like this from enertion. I just swapped out the motor wires. Next time it looks cleaner :wink:

Yes, that is why i am so curious…

1 Like

No doubt about it, the drv is toast. Make sure the gate pins on the mosfets are not bridged if you get the drv replaced.

1 Like

any idea what the cause might have been? I don’t want to experience the same…

I dont know exactly. I have 12S BLDC mode and it was a bit rainy… Maybe a drop hit my DRV and caused this burning…

That would certainly do it.

What motor are you using?

Turnigy SK3 6374 149kv. Why?

Trying to rule out a high ERPM failure. Hard to really tell from the photos but it does look like you have a possible bridge on the mosfet gates.

I am safe under the 170kv ^^

Yeah those 149kv sk3’s work beautifully @ 12s