Answers for newbs only!

Yeah it does!!! Hahaha. Thats one of my.first soldering attempts. Didnt know about cold sauter joints yet. Lol. A pro sauter guy saw me and actually said.move!!. And gave me a different bms and sautered it in front of me so I could see. Think he used a stained glass iron for the 10 ga solid.wire actually. Said something about to big for normal iron.

That ones shrink wrapped in my evolve gtx gen 3 30q battery upgrade.

Why 4 bms??. If its 12s4p get 1 12s 80A Bms. Black to negative. Reds one wire on the positive.of.each.cell pack in series order. 1-12. When I started the schematics.on google didnā€™t make sense to me. I pictured a flashlight with 12 batterys. Each batterys really 4 spot welded. Bend the flashlight in an s shape. Thats how it goes pos to neg. So start at bottom of imaginary flashlight with pos red wire 1 on pos side and only.black neg on same first battery. Then follow batterys up whatever shape their in soldering red wires onto the next pos side. Put two thick reds coming from last positive on last cell or wjat would be closest.to light in imaginary flashlight soldering them for charge and esc.pos output.

So last battery has 3 welds the 12th pos bms balance and the two larger charging amd power outputs. First battery has two black. One balance one bms neg. All others just one red wire.on pos side

Correction first has 3 as well. 2 black as mentioned and first pos red srry my bad

Hey there. Thanks for responding. I thought I initially would need a BMS for each 12S, but then after I built the battery I found I only needed 2 BMSs. My problem now is hooking it up to the VESC & motor to get things going. Iā€™ve looked at no less than a dozen videos and each one is different with different components. My VESC doesnā€™t appear to have a connection that works with the motor and thereā€™s no damn instructions on the items I ordered. I feel like Iā€™m almost there, but itā€™s hard trying to make it come together since Iā€™m driving blind.

Items I have:

Batteries are tested and ready to go, I get a blue light on the VESC, but canā€™t connect to the motor or remote controller. Any thoughts?

Is this thread still active? I have some questions about using a free 12S5P 40T pack provided in a metal enclosure.

1 Like

go for itā€¦

What are the questions

Hi, I need a battery and I was told that you can provide a build? How can I send you a PM?

2 Likes

Pm sent! :slight_smile:

I use one strip 8mm x 1.5 thick.

Hi, great intro, thanks for being generous. Iā€™m new to esk8, my second board is a EoVAN GTS that seized on me the other day, I know what a sudden loss of acceleration feels like and this seemed more than that, seemed like it seized. The board stopped and was no longer under me. I tumbled pretty hard but had gear on. I turned the board back on and tried the throttle and heard some popping/farting sounds from the ESC. Repeated, same noises, then nothing. Power ring will light up around switch but remote wonā€™t connect. Board seems dead. ESC compartment was too hot to touch. I had been riding about 20 minutes, not pushing the board to its limit just asking about 60% of what it had to offer, was a hot day, 95F.

The part should be under warranty but company wont return phone calls or answer chat or emails. If I am to save this board I guess I will have to replace the ESC myself?

Theirs is based on the VESC6.0 and that is about all I know, I would be starting from scratch on learning what to do. Is theirs proprietary or can I go buy a VESC6.0 and make it work? Where do I start?

My bigger question is what happened, I never really would like to go through that again, was scary. So quick. I was too fast to run it out, I managed to get one foot on the ground before I just rolled it out and remembered not to fight it too much. Just a little soreness on the hip but Iā€™m 52 and donā€™t need to be doing things like this. Love riding but want knowledge about how and why these things happen so I never go through it again.

Thanks for your generous spirit, Iā€™m listening.

Have you figured out how to remove the speed limiter ? I didnt realize this was an issue on the high speed mode but i found out once i hit 48km on AT. luckily i didnt fall.

No, but I donā€™t think that was an issue. I was only going about 20-25 km when it happened.