Anti spark switch (direct fets, heatsink, metal LED switch is included) 100A

Yes I can solder them, no problem. The price is still the same, I have the connectors laying around. The worst is that the switch will not turn off. If you follow the instructions you wont have a problem.

OK I will order it tomorrow. Those xt60 soldered on will be extremely helpful thank you very much

1 Like

No problem, glad I could help.

Will I order on your website?

You can, to me it does not matter if here or there.

1 Like

So if I exceed 80 amps (averaged over a few seconds) or a stick hits the power button, I will lose brakes?

Well in case you blow the fuse the battery gets disconnected (the fuse cant tell if the battery was shorted therefore in fire danger or if something minor blew it) And in case you turn the switch off you may still have brakes (I have not tested this, just a theory at this point) because the body diode of the mosfet would conduct and the motors would keep the VESC ON

Not if you werenā€™t already not using the brakes for the last 2 seconds, the MCU would power-down

Iā€™d rather roast my electronics than my faceā€¦

The VESC turns on even if you dont use any brakes. I tried this with relation to some other thread some time ago, the vesc turns on even if I just push the board without any throttle the VESC turns on, even when just dragging the rear wheels on the ground pulling the board.

I hear @Kug3lis has one in the works thatā€™s 300A and wonā€™t turn off if debris hits the switch

6 Likes

You would need to stop or fall in some kind of emergency way in bot cases, no? :smiley:

Doesnā€™t that make it a 80A switch?

1 Like

Yeah I have to change that, copied the description from a different version. I am changing it on the website as we speak, I will change it here right afterwards. Sorry for the misleading information, it was not intentional.

1 Like

Do you know how much your one will cost? How long till its available

Awesome design. Iā€™m impressed.

2 Likes

@Kug3lis finally a decent antispark i hope

2 Likes

Wow @Kug3lis thatā€™s even better than I was imagining. Thatā€™s a King Kong FET

1 Like

I second this! Need a reliable anti spark switch asap. So tired of blowing vedder anti spark switches. Need a real 120a con switch. I can easily pull 120a between 4 hummie hubs.

1 Like

Hiā€¦one taken! One question is it possible to choose the led color? Itā€™s a minor detail but it is worth a try :grin: Thx

Hi, they are actually almost all gone. There are 3 left. The color of the LED can not be changed unless you change the switch, sorry. You can use any switch off ebay that has the LED rated for 12V, it does not even need to be spdt, just a latching switch.