So i have a Miami electric switch which ive been using for maybe the last 6mo or less. At any rate, I HAD to ride for 1mi in light rain yesterday…as I arrived to my destination the board wouldnt turn off which was weird… I assumed it was the water as my lights all fizzled out shortly after as well. Luckily I have a bestech BMS and can use that switch for now.
Upon inspection and opening the case only a small amount of moisture had gotten to my buck converter that powers the lights. I was able to clean it up with some rubbing alcohol today and get it working again. 1 point for me…
but the on/off switch which is more in the middle of the case had no moisture around it, not to mention the switch comes shipped waterproofed (basically) with what looks like dielectric grease or something.
Anyways… the physical switch on the outside illuminates as expected, and continuity is on/off as the switch is pressed on and off.
Voltage from battery just goes through it…
at the pins if this helps…
- between switch neg and 12v+ pin is equal to battery voltage (48.4 currently)
- between switch positive and switch and neg voltage is 47v
- no other data for other pins based on testing various combos.
thanks and let me know if you know anything!