Any DIY parts or Prebuilt boards for under $400?

Looking for a board or just these parts. I would like a motor under 200KV with the motor mount and belts and a BMS and VESC with a battery of any kind that would work with a simple external plug.

1 Like

Moved to wtb :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Where do you live?

1 Like

PA in the US. Would a single 8000mah lipo work with an on/off switch and a external (maybe 3 prong) plug?

I recommend just using a loopkey

4 Likes

@Andy87 10char :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So you have trucks already? Assuming you want a motor mount for caliber trucks

1 Like

I was thinking of grinding down my average skateboard trucks and using that. If that didn’t work I would definitely go caliber trucks and a cheap motor mount and pulley. I am mainly worried about all of the electronics working together. I am 180lbs and only need a max speed of 20mph. that is why i am looking for a lower KV motor for a larger torque. I just don’t want to burn out the motor

Buy cheap, buy twice. Be super careful with cheap mounts. Especially if you’re running a budget motor. If the mount comes loose and that motor hits the ground at any kind of speed you’ll probably bust a magnet.

These are best bang for your buck atm

3 Likes

Unsure of what that is but i am looking into it

1 Like

It’s a cheaper more reliable substitute For an anti spark on/off switch. Not trying to be rude but in all honesty if you don’t know what that is you should definitely spend some more time reading before you spend any money.

4 Likes

Again maybe @Andy87 can explain that :smile:

3 Likes

d1c60a7e8d2f6840cfb7ee963d972c764e561a1f_1_690x388 281f15aac97fb13aeb4ad8bd7d1a764e28b82ade_1_690x388

Loopkey sits between vesc and battery.

5 Likes

I actually saw these on ebay when looking for a motor mount lol this is going to be the one i go with. I think i will only need a single 6355 180-190KV motor. Ive read the false economy thread so that is always in the back of my mind

2 Likes

You are definitely right. I just can’t seem to find much information on simple on/off switches and charging ports when it comes to the wiring. So my plan was to lay out my proposed build and see what everyone thought and where i would get in trouble. I have been looking into this build for roughly 2 months

1 Like

If you want a quality motor, hit up @hyperIon1 he had a few new maytech motors he was selling at a great discount. Also diyelectricskateboard. Com is having a holiday sale

2 Likes

Do you need to deal with many hills where you ride?

1 Like

I’m tempted but I think I need to follow your instructions and do more research. I thought that the external on/off switch would work as an anti-spark and therefore wouldn’t need a loopkey. I just want to not have to open my enclosure for any reason. So external charging/on+off/battery LED gauge.

Everything that I would want to include would be:

180-190KV 6355 motor

8000mah 6s lipo battery and a BMS

VESC

On and off switch

battery LED gauge

charging port

motor mount and pulleys for the caliber trucks if the modified ones don’t pan out

80mm wheels and bearings

I do have some pretty tough hills