Any interest in a Trampa VESC 6 group buy?

We set up a multiple purchase long time ago. If you are 10 riders, you can purchase the 10pcs package.

What could we get for 3 vesc they don’t have on your website 3

Frank I think the point is your VESC is orders of magnitude more expensive than the rest. Now is a good time for you to consider your pricing and maybe offer something to the community for a bigger group buy.

4 Likes

It’s a high spec device and has a different quality level. VESC 6 features three high side shunts vs. 2 low side shunts found on most other devices out there. These cheaper devices can’t run FOC reliably on random motors, since current measurement is not accurate enough. Lockups or ABS_over current faults at normal operation are often the result of in-precise current assumptions.

VESC 6 features direct Fets, shunt amplifiers and adjustable filters for most accurate current readings

Please also not that coding is a hughe task. Cheaper devices make use of the code, but manufacturers or vendors are non supportive. Without support, a project can’t grow and survive. We started with BLDC-Tool 2.18 and HW 4.xx and now we have VESC-Tool with FW 3.57 and tons of new hardware in the market. The last update had 40K+ lines of new code!

Without all the effort Vedder puts into coding, this community would be stuck to outdated Software and FW. 95% of the workload is in the code! Even branches like Unity would not exist without the code base Vedder writes!

Don’t think purely hardware! VESC is a hughe software project.

If someone from this community needs 3 devices, we can make a individual discount code.

5 Likes

Yes me and @BigBrit i think could share three

I have pm you about it

I get that Frank and I knew you were going to come back with the quality thing. Nobody doubts the quality of the VESC and nobody here doubts BV’s work. What we can say is what is Trampas market penetration with the VESC? How many boards on here have Trampa VESC 6? Compared to how many have FOCBOX or unity? That is purely based on price, as you say its not based on quality of the VESC. Your main competeror is having issues with their device, there is an opportunity for Trampa - if you dont fill it some other device will, market forces and all that.

2 Likes

He is right everyone would use vesc6 if they were more affordable just taking each one down by £50 everyone would use them in their builds.

1 Like

Me and @boardnamics can confirm your vesc outperforms many others. @Halbj613, something of this quality is priced correctly. @trampa vesc is unlike no others, no One is going to change pricing because one guy is trying to save a buck. You see how long it takes to make a unity, these vesc are not made by machines, someone takes time out of there day to assemble them. With this being said, stop being cheap and just buy one. You won’t regret it

1 Like

What… They are made by machines…Its PnP. not sure what your angle is here…

2 Likes

Partially, those little capacitors, my whole point is, why should trampa change the price for one guy

Chaka assembles all of his vesc’s, not sure about trampa

To be fair, there was a significant pricedrop from vesc6 to vesc+. So it’s already cheaper. Not sure people noticed. I think what people want from this thread is just a bit bigger discount for the community then the normal discount on 10xpieces.

However. I dont buy my VESC6 from trampa either. Cause I think saving the 100 euro is worth 5 hours soldering work. I do think the pricepoint makes sense tho since they dont exhibit any problems and keeps all thier promises.

2 Likes

It’s understandable if there are more then 10 people trying to get a vesc6 from trampa.

I think this thread just needs ome hype, getting more then 10 ppl shouldn’t be to hard if the pricepoint is abit more attractive

@trampa if we get 20 buyers could we get a 20 vesc for £3500

So £50 off each vesc making the price 175£ per vesc

1 Like

Exactly this. Im not asking for miracles im stating that if trampa can bring the cost down for a large group buy we might be able to get more VESC 6 into boards. I think they are prohibitively priced for many. For me? Well i stated above I will buy two in the next two weeks regardless, I just think its an opportunity for us and Trampa for a bigger group buy if they bring the price down.

1 Like

We had so many customers who wasted hundreds on non working equipment before getting the real deal. They would have saved so many $$ if they would have invested into proper HW right from the start. It’s also a matter of safety. These can run pretty much any motor at 12S without issues. We can’t do miracles on pricing. We have to consider software R&D, Hardware R&D, production cost, handling, testing, shipping, warranties, profit, cash locked in stock etc. We are no pre-sale company. We actually stock these VESCs in quantities allowing us to serve you guys at any time of the year.

All these factors make a price at the end of the day, and that is nothing we can change. If there is a group of 20, simply send us an Email. That is a matter of debate.

6 Likes

And what if there are voltage spikes, that exeed 60V. Is there a TVS diode for this issue?

12S is 50.5V fully charged. Voltage spikes will not happen to that extend. People use the SIX in combo with al sorts of motors and they have proven to be rock solid @12S. We have a failure rate close to zero because of HW design & strict QC. Motors we use in E-Skate are no issue for the SIX.

1 Like

Would you please make a discount for 3 SIX? I will buy another if I can save a little, I am too far away for group buys…Thank you.