Any Tips to Protect BMS from Burnout?

Can anyone offer any tips to avoid frying the electronics in my board? I have an Evolve Bamboo GTX. About a month ago my board stopped pairing with the R2 remote which just had the firmware update. Evolve told me the board now needed the firmware update too. Two weeks later I got the board back from Evolve with a new R2 circuit board, new motor controller, and new BMS. Everything worked for 5 moderate rides then the next time I tried pairing them it wouldn’t work just like before. I had to mail the board/remote back to Evolve again. I just received an email from them stating they replaced the BMS. When I got the board back the first time I treated it with care just like I always have. I’m afraid this is just going to keep happening unless I figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I live in Orlando, Florida and it’s extremely hot here. Should I avoid riding in the middle of the day when it’s the hottest? Should I wait until the board has completely cooled off before plugging in the charger? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Upgrade all the electronics because evolve electronics suck

1 Like

Yea yea I know. Trying to get as much as I can out of it before doing all that. I’ve read on here plenty of DIY peeps have issues with their BMSs so I don’t think it’s necessarily just an Evolve issue. All electronics can get fried. Just wondering if there was anything other than water I need to avoid.