Anybody make their own deck?

How easy was it using the roarrockit? I’ve been looking at it for some time now.

It was straight forward. It’s easier to put the glue on with 2 of you but I did my deck on my own… use enough glue and it’s way easier than if you are mean with the glue. I had to use a clamp to pull the kicktail fully down but the concave pulled in easily.

Only thing about roarrkit is you have to sand that nice rounded skate edge by hand unless you have a router table

I’ve been wanting to try and make an ultrathin flexible board with an integrated enclosure. I think I could dissect some quality hobby lipos and get the batteries, bms and maybe the antispark switch to fit in a 5/8" thick deck. The only thing would be molding the bottom veneer to have a sort of bubble to accommodate the thickness of a vesc. Reinforcing it all with fiberglass of course.

That’s an amazing router jig. Are the tubes also curved to give you camber? Maybe not. At Roarockit, for production I built a two level 4 axis hotwire cutter that works really great for my purpose. It allows me to cut two blank foam sheets at once using two independent hotwires. Programming is difficult as it is just strait planes that you can cut so rendering shapes is nothing like what you would do with a CNC. Sometimes the hotwire has to make 5 passes over the foam to cut the more difficult shapes we manufacture. Anyway your mold and setup looks fantastic. Great work. Ted at Roarockit

1 Like

I made a three decks recently just to have something to ride. It was fun and learned a lot. It’s quite easy :slight_smile:IMG_20181009_133047_HDR IMG_20181002_190010 IMG_20181002_185849 IMG_20181023_182544

2 Likes

Thanks man, I loved making the deck.

might be a bit overkill, but @treenutter makes his own lol

1 Like

Wow Very nice Do you take custom orders

Here’s my latest.

6 Likes

You could buy the complete board for £550!

6374 dark matter motor Esk8.de direct fet vesc 12s 8000mah Lihv Charger Removable battery…

Go on, you know you want it!

Great looking Halloween board. Nice sanding and stain job. Shape looks very complex. Maple veneer or Birch plywood build? Looks like veneer I think.

1 Like