Anybody sporting bigger motor pulleys? 18T? 22T? Why is 15T and 16T so common?

Well, good luck! Hope it works out!

I have a 6s dual drive 245kv motors with 22t/36t ratio with 97mm wheels. It works pretty well. Start form stop is a little twitchy. Max speed is 35mph, Range on my 20ah battery is 25mi. But the components get very hot. Cant even touch my motor sometimes. Esc get too hot to touch even with fans. but haven’t had one fail in over 1000mi. esc is skyrc toro 120amp. I did have a sk3 motor fall apart though. I think the most impacted by this gearing is the motor mounts which keep breaking on me. I have tried every motor mount on the market they all snap eventually. This stopped when i had my own mount made out of steel. I suspect the other mounts cant handle the increase forces because of this gearing. Or maybe they are just too thin. This gearing deff takes its toll on the life of the parts because all the acceleration and braking forces are much larger. Keep in mind i ride very hard :slight_smile:

You could try Enertion’s mount for caliber trucks, they’re made of carbon fiber so they’re light weight and durable, thought not very good at spreading heat which sounds like a problem you have. Perhaps upgrade to a higher voltage ESC?

I have 2 vescs that i intended to use with 15t/36t ratio. and upgrade to 12s to get me up to 50mph but im very disappointed to hear about this erpm limit on the vesc so i wont even gain any speed with my 245kv motors and i dont even want to use them anymore.

Yea you’ll get VESC errors and probably blow a component if you run that. 50mph is pretty crazy stuff. You can try running dual TB ESCs which might be able to handle the speed. If you do try, please don’t ride that speed in areas with any people or animals, and gear up!

i doubt ill be getting to that speed before i sell my vescs :frowning: need to recoup my money lol maybe i can trade them to dexter for that dual hv esc.

@Mobutusan hey I planning on using a 20/36 gear ratio with a sk3 192kv motor with 83mm wheels. I’m afraid that it will destroy my maytech vesc as it’s a cheap Chinese vesc but the thing is I only weigh 48kg.