Anyone have an idea of the gearing needed for an 8 inch wheel and a 6355 190kv motor?

ive got a scooter as my project currently and im wondering what i can do with gearing to help aid my battery life and increase efficiency

What top speed and torque are you looking for?

probably around 20 mph at the very most, and i dont want to wreck my tires or anything like that with the torque… enough to feel like im getting some solid speed

Motor kV, battery S, wheel diameter, I need to know all of this to be able to help

right… duh :stuck_out_tongue:

190kv, 6s4p and an 8 inch wheel

http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:6,“motor-kv”:190,“system-efficiency”:85,“motor-pulley-teeth”:15,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:48,“wheel-size”:202}|

15 to 48 should get what you need and then some

haha i clicked it before you changed it and got a bad link.

so i need a ratio of 5 to 1 to get my desired numbers…

does anyone on the market do this? should i contact someone? :stuck_out_tongue:

It might be hard with 8 inch wheels but I bet someone on here can do something

looks right?

8 tooth motor pulley will give you alot of belt slippage. That’s why I suggest 15 to 48 or higher

oh… alright

interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

The less teeth on the motor pulley, the less teeth can be engaged, the less teeth engaged means more slippage or running your belt insanely tight

right right. makes sense. so do you think having the maximum amount of teeth on my wheel pulley is the way to go?

would you think hat higher than 48 is acceptable?

The higher the better, I’ve seen people build mountain boards with 70 tooth wheel pulleys, if it can fit…

alright cool. well ill see what i can dig up on the internet :)w

thanks man!

Any time! Good luck!

Yep. I’m using 15:75 HTD 5m pulleys on 8" wheels. Everything fits no problem. 75t 3d printed 15t - 3.12€ 10% OFF|POWGE 15 Zähne 5M Synchron Pulley Bohrung 5/6/6.35/8/10/12mm Fit W = 10/15/20/25mm 5M Zahnriemen 15 T 15 Zähne HTD 5M Timing Pulley|pulley bore|timing pulley5m timing pulley - AliExpress (can also recommend their belts, over 300km and still using first pair)

I’ve used anything from 16:72 to 20:64 using 3d printed and aluminum for the large pulley. Be careful, though with 15:75 - that results in too few of gripping teeth on small pulley. 6 or 7 teeth in contact with belt is preferred at a minimum.

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

My new setup is 20:64 with 15mm wide belt, 78mm from center to center, and works great!

I sourced from SDP-SI.