Anyone seen this?

Your barking up the wrong tree.

All motors are susceptible to overheating when the power to demand ratio is not properly balanced. If I had a problem with overheating inrunners I would water cool them. Still might for the pikes peak build…

4 Likes

You better be careful with peristaltic pumps. And replace the head often. Peristaltic pumps are made for small volume. Like dosing coral reef tanks etc, or indoor gardens with nutrients. The tubes wear out. Just pay attention to it…

1 Like

…or you will end up like this…

1 Like

I’ve seen no less then like 5 different pictures in your edits… Also all of those wouldn’t electricute the squirrel. As long as it isn’t ground and touching the wire, or touching two phases. It is fine and just hanging in from falling…

So it is wort it?

Squirrel: “ah nuts how do I get down”

1 Like

If it was raining, and a wet twig fell right near the squirrel it could. Then a bright and sunny “How did this happen?” the next day …

I wanna see that 30ft twig!

In the end it was killed by lightning, what are the chances

I don’t know about in Ireland, but in the central USA 30ft branches flying in storms is a common occurrence every spring

2 Likes

Our twigs are heavily regulated, in Ireland we don’t allow anything over 1m, otherwise it’s classified as a branch.

I live beside a kiteboarding shop, we get the odd blow in from the Atlantic now and again :chipmunk:

2 Likes

Every spring we have lots of tornadoes

1 Like

@MoeStooge How bout something like this for water cooling (inrunners)…

took 3 attempts to get that pic right, thanks iphone for the extra work :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

and that squirrel is still alive, don’t let that tail fool anybody, he still got his whiskers

pictures worth a thousand words :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like some motor coolin crazy fast boat shit. What are we looking at?

Damn man, right on! Setup is from rc boat so in this application the water is force fed through scoop on rear bottom side of boat, wraps around coil and out the side.

Could definitely just hook water pump to and apply to your inrunners on your board, but like you said, only if you “have” an overheating issue.

1 Like