Anyone speak Russian? Truck geometry

I’ve been trying to figure out how truck geometry really works, I think the common understanding about how rake affects steering is a little flawed. I found this video by a guy named AVAcs which seems to be quite good, but unfortunately it’s in Russian and I can’t understand it. Anyone willing to translate, or know of another resource of similar quality?

@Andy87 lives in Russia, know idea if he actually speaks russian :slight_smile:

Paging @Grozniy

1 Like

Not that good enough to translate that properly. But maybe @Grozniy @JustixBoy or @eLDoska can help you with it.

1 Like

Bin mir nicht ganz sicher aber ich glaub ich hab irgendwo das du Deutsch sprichst… stimmt das? :joy:

1 Like

Ja das auch. Deutsch, englisch, russisch… in der Reihenfolge :wink:

2 Likes

I know Russian pretty well. Idk if I will be able to adequately translate the video though. I could give it a shot though. I’ll be back from school @ ~3:00, so I can try than. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be awesome if you’re willing to take a shot!

1 Like

I’ll try, let’s see what can be done

I just changed the closed captions to English and turned them on and then read everything he said, and you can too…

1 Like

Turn on CC, open the options thingy and click on the "auto translate item, choosing whatever language you wish to see it in…

I did that.

it’s gibberish.

So I watched the video a bit, and I got to say that 1: It’s not always clear to what the author says. 2: I don’t understand all of the words just do to the fact that I speak more English and I just don’t understand ALL Russian words. 3: There are some complicated physics situations going on, and I just would not know how to translate that to make sense. I would just look for a different source for the same information. Well and I just don’t have the time at hand to translate it, even though it is an 8-minute video. Sorry

No worries, can’t be helped.

Anyone else want to take a gander?

1 Like

it is not possible for me to translate. he can’t pronouonce his “R’s” so it’s even harder. I think you should find a better video like @JosephShubin said

1 Like