Anyone tried to use these rubber offroad wheels?

lmao seems if we have similar ways of thinking.

1 Like

dang. Mine still don’t come until this Wed. Let us know how they ride!

I’ll have a pulley to try with them in a couple days

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, without air in the mix rubber wheels are shit. Dead, slow, heavy and the opposite of sticky.

Ask me how I know. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992

2 Likes

.#forscience :relaxed:

2 Likes

cant wait!!!

how do you know? I mean yeah you have a set and you’ve used them and you have had time to form educated opinions and everything but i mean…

you told me to ask. It feels like a trap though.

6 Likes

How about drilling a lot of small holes to make the wheels respond to road condition.

Yeah Im considering that

I have a set in my psycho van kid…Do you want to check 'em out?

4 Likes

Try it! It won’t hurt their performance.

Is there such thing as a expanding thane foam? thane with bubbles, some kind of carbonate, you could fill the wheels with it?

1 Like

What’s wrong with air?

Maybe very hard can be a good thing in the right applications. How about snow tires with studs.

1 Like

I didn’t think they were sealed (aka tubeless style)? Do they have a bead rim or?

The Flywheel pullies from DIY fit these. Maybe someone has already mentioned it if so I apologize lol

Edit : I’m from ky don’t hate me! :joy::joy::joy: I didn’t pay attention to the core. All I noticed was nobby tires

Kind of already regretting my purchase. I should have asked if you had tried these specific wheels. It was an impulse buy.

Maybe I will get a cheap deck and try them out pushing. I’ll just sell them if not.

My original idea was to put them on a lathe like I have seen a few people do on those other off-road wheels

Yeah…They are shitty. Hopefully nobody else wasted money on them.

I still think there should be some kind of light softer wheel that is ~100 mm or so. Maybe some kind of airless tire

Something like this

6 Likes

this is a cool concept

https://www.behance.net/gallery/881928/Mountainboard-Wheel

2 Likes