Anyone used 6384 200kv aps motors?

I am using 170kv 4kW version of it

1 Like

They are the same width as alu can and 70% height of itā€¦

Building a JED board on steroids?

if this is for then yes going for eMtb with gearbox and high power vesc :smiley:

Dude the funny thing isā€¦ [and I respect you]ā€¦ but are you really going to commute to work / daily driver on an E-MTB? I am (4) builds into this esk8 addiction. But I did start with ā€¦ oh yeah I want an E-MTB to go off-road then go into work with itā€¦lol. I work in corporate nerdy people office jobā€¦ there is no way I can take that to workā€¦ too distracting. Then I realized that is too big. Then I went with an Urban Carverā€¦ still too big. Now I am going with 29-32" boards like Jet Spud, Wasp, Earthwing because they can actually fit about 80% into my backpack.

I did order (3) APS 6384S 170kV motors myself today with 8mm shaft. One will be for my Jet Spud 29". I think that motor will be a beast and a good commuter.

@Kug3lis let me guessā€¦ you have poor roads on the way to your commute? That is why I started big. These smaller wheels are cramping my style but for portability they rock. We have the worst infrastructure / road quality for me to get to work from my party house. Every sidewalk has a 5" inch gash and break in the pavement. Want to move back to West Coast so bads :wink:

2 Likes

Hehe I have no problem with work I been taking my Evolve carbon gt with AT tires for half year every day to work. I really tried to begin to like those plastic wheels but I donā€™t really like all those bumps and shits and with AT tires you can ride everywhere every bumper pothole what ever it just works :smiley:

P.S. I live in central london

1 Like

also its my primary transportation raining/snowing whatever I am going :smiley:

P.S. my work environment is startup like we have office in WeWork building so nobody really cares just security guys always questions about it :smiley: But still look at this stuff its amazing :smiley:

Also I already have everything just waiting for big cnc machine arrive at my fathers place so he could mill me the gearbox.

@anon42702729 they have all the pulleys you could want in any tooth plus up to 12mm bore :slight_smile:

http://www.beltingonline.com/18-tooth-htd5-pulley-18-5m-15f-7775

4 Likes

So for the APS 6384s 170KV, would I want to order a pulley with a 10mm bore, ā€œ2off M3ā€ grub screws and no key way?

Bruno does 6384 in 3 flavours of kv - 130/170/200kv

They are beasts

A keyway does not necessarily need a key but itā€™s more effective as it can never loosen

To put it in perspective maybe shitty math but 130kv = 5.8Nm torque, in dual config = 11.6Nm.

My Apriila 1000 v-twin makes 107Nm and weighs over 200kg with 17" tires

Beast-mode, I may buy another to do that

1 Like

Wont the torque be multiplied with your gearing too?

Lets say you have a 5nm motor, and a 1:3 gearing. Wont the final torque of the system be 15nm then, no?

Yes, but torque listed above is a 1:1 ratio. As far as I know motorcycle figures are done the same way.

Edit: You canā€™t just multiply torque by gearing,can you? For instance a 1Nm motor with 1:10 gearing could not produce 100Nm? Maybe Iā€™m wrong :confused:

In that case it would be 10nm, and not 100 :wink: 1 multiplied by 10.

1 Like

Whatever the math, beasts!

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t understand the keys. So I have 2 M3 grub screws that go into the 3mm key slot carved into the motor shaft? What does the key slot in the pulley do?

Sorry, Iā€™m new to electric long boarding :confused:

@chocol4te keyslot is meant to allow the motor shaft to turn with the pulley so itā€™s not held on by bolts solely. Otherwise your motor pulley will rotate around the motor shaft. Itā€™s better to be able to use a keyway.

1 Like

I am very new to this whole thing and am looking at these motors as well. Could someone help me out and tell me what the differences and under what conditions I should choose a higher kv vs a lower one? I know that higher means less torque. I ask because I am a 6ā€™6" 290 pounds and am looking for a dude mover in an area with lots of hills. Thinking about doing a this on an AT style board as my first DYI and since I am new would like a smooth acceleration curve with the power.

Any information would be appreciated.

Rated to 80a. Assuming you gear it to the same top speed, torque is a function of max current only, so these should be identical torque vs sk3 6374 192 kv (assuming you believe the amperage ratings from hobby king).

At 12s, 80a, the sk3s dissipate about 4 percent of the electrical power as heat, so approx 96 percent efficient. Assuming the 6384 is slightly lower resistance, they would be more efficient than that, but by how much? Thereā€™s not much room left.

Donā€™t think itā€™s worth it frankly. At least not from a theoretical performance perspective. Bearing durability, wire durability, can balancing etc is a different story. Having never seen the aps in person, would not be able to say

Maybe it isnā€™t worth the extra money but I wanted to have hall sensors and 170KV instead of 190KV. The motors were about AUD 120 more expensive than the SK3 6374.