Anyone used these external motor sensors?

I’ve recently build a Trampa mountainboard with dual 6374 motors. I’m currently running sensorless FOC and after being used to just using sensorless BLDC on my Vanguard build, the startup smoothness is already a fair bit better but I don’t think it’s quite good enough for when I’ve got my feet strapped in and am going on off road tracks so I want to install sensors of some kind on my motors.

Has anyone tried installing external sensors on their motors such as these ones: http://e0designs.com/products/hall-effect-sensor-board/

This looks like it’d be the simplest approach for adding sensors to my build.

Btw the reason I didn’t just buy sensored motors in the first place is because the built in sensor PCBs that come with motors generally aren’t waterproof and so I wanted to opt for a solution that I could install myself after applying several layers of conformal coating to the sensor PCBs.

1 Like

I need a replacement hall sensor for 6374 without overpriced shipping from APS. Anyone have a solution for that?

I have been using those same sensors on my 5065 for some time now. They work great with my vescs. They also share the 3d print design for a mount wich is nice. They’d didn’t respond to any of my emails with questions however:sob:

I did also design a printed cover as the sensors ends up too exposed

1 Like

Good to hear :slight_smile: Do you have any photos of them setup with your covers?

You can kind of see it in this photo https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/2598?u=krloz The cover is on the bottom motor. The top motor doesn’t have the cover as you can see it on the print bed behind:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Look up Nowind and his vesc 6.4 v leopard topic, he adds a cage around his motors about 1/3 through and a AS… encoder chip. It is next level compared to epoxy magnets :exploding_head:

Not gonna lie, I’ve been really tempted to ask him about ordering a pair. I really should stop spending so much money on this hobby at some point though… :stuck_out_tongue: Need to look more into the different sensor that he uses in them

I just bought one from him, it is being packed tonight. Hit JensoBro up if you want one I know he made a few, I know only one or two others who have ordered so you might get lucky if you get in fast!

Haha damn you’re not helping :sweat_smile: