Anyway to make motors only work as accelerators? IE wont ever lock up

But having a brake is wayy safer and more useful than an act of God motor short. Go for it, but wear a helmet or two.

3 Likes

Wait. You have a 2 year old that weighs 250 pounds!! I think there are other issues to addressā€¦

3 Likes

Regen works pretty well for charging. We just donā€™t brake that much. For Boosted for example, it took only a couple of miles of pulling while braking to fully charge all in like 20 minutes.

I want to fit mechanic brakes to mine too, operated with my heel or something in case all else fails. Stopping my mountain board manually is hard, at least i find it hard with the box in the way.

Any proof of that?

This is what I am thinking. A one way motor pulley for a front wheel drive board and rear peddle break.

Pedal brakes suckā€¦

Glue on foot braking soles ftw But if ya want a pedal brake Iā€™ll sell ya mine with extra pads lol

ok Iā€™ll take it

1 Like

I would really like to develop some sort of brake setup like the MBS brakes on a normal longboard, actuated by a servo so you could still be wireless, but it sounds like itā€™d be a pain and finding a good enough servo thatā€™s cost effective is a problem

2 Likes
2 Likes

would this severely denigrate the battery?

I am going to test some mechanical stuff then maybe try to make a disc break.

What if you live in a hilly area? You would use regen a lot then

1 Like

Iā€™d think so too, but regen is a constantly occurring whenever brakes are used, so I assume they thought about the degradation caused by high regen current. Also LiFeO I think is more tolerant of high charge current than Li ion.

1 Like

I agree but when I go down not too steep hills I donā€™t even use brakes so depends on how you go down.