APS 80100 on trampa mountain board

Great info! What do you mean by “battle harden the aps motors”?

Basicly you need to open the motors up and fill the gaps between the magnets in the rotor and between the windings on the stator with epoxy since the build quality of APS motors is kinda shitty. Just search for battle harden motors either here on the forum or on youtube

1 Like

Are there better 80mm motors than aps?

Torqueboards 6384 yah

Im dumb

they are technically 80mm in some regard lol and better.

this would be insane:

Well you got the maytech 8085 motors but they are like 350€ a piece or something. The APS motors works well once they are battle hardened properly but be ready to put a couple of hours into each motor before they are ready for duty

2 Likes

Those flipskys looks identical to the APS, probabky from the same factory

2 Likes

Where would I source the maytech motors in Europe?

I think electricboardsolutions got them.

Considered the 6880 motors?

2 Likes

That isnt even their biggest boye, https://flipsky.net/collections/efoil-products/products/water-cooling-motor-9097-150kv-for-efoil-electric-bike-electric-skateboard 9097 lmao, its even water cooled. Up to 22S, 360 Amps. That is technically a peak of 33200W

2 Likes

Well. Theoretically yes. But it starts with 14s. I don’t think you will get the expected outcome with 12s

I am 165lb, using dual 6384S APS’s direct drive 1:4 ratio on a TRAMPA deck. It tops at 33mph and has enough torque to flip my larger friends on their backs. I would only reccomend larger motors for those over 240lbs or so… set at 55amps, the board has enough to climb hills from a stop with my weight on it. The 6384 is far more powerful (and power hungry) than my old TRAMPA 6364.

I have no problem with the build quality of APS, however they are not built for the rigors of (offroad) eboarding. You must re-epoxy the can for a truly board ready motor, magnets will break away and the rings holding the magnets separate from one another will displace themselves… edit: I also cut the wires out since they will break with vibration, I replaced them with super high strand flexible silicone stuff. I got sick of breaking a wire every six months or so… Thermal sensors in my battery/motors/vesc6’ will cut power in the event of overheating… another note doneone, you will need a MASSIVE power plant to keep up with those size motors. Just an FYI, dont try and save weight there :wink:

I need to try a big motor. I am just too curious and need a new system anyways. So why not upgrade. Powerplant I have :wink: