APS EV ESC based on VESC6

APS released VESC6 based ESC looks interesting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The price isn’t bad. II wonder if its a rebranded FlipSky?

1 Like

Well maybe… but case looks different so who knows. Considering they are releasing their own board I would probably think they designed own esc too…

1 Like

It’s from freerchobby :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe any news how it is?

No idea I just remembered the design of it because I saw it on alibaba already.

1 Like

I posted the same link a time ago in Alibaba findings thread. Nobody was interested :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha yeah when buying unknown branded parts direct from China we are very wary of the quality, but if Aps stamps their brand name on it, maybe we feel a little more comfortable to take a risk, hoping that Aps have tested it and found it to work well. For double the price though

1 Like

That actually converts to $169 and if it is the same unit (and it looks identical) then that is a blatant rip off. Much akin to the idiots who slap a diyeboard kit on a board and call it their own design blah blah blah…

I don’t think this should surprise anyone though. Its the tried and true business method, buy cheap in bulk from china, sell at markup for profit.

People hype up branded motors from companies (APS included) when in reality ALL of them are made OEM from china.

Theres profit and theres daylight robbery.

2 Likes

its double the price if you hit alibaba’s lowest price bracket, i.e. if you buy a butt-load. Also you’re ignoring things like import duties and international shipping. Also after-sale service, and the fact that APS (hopefully) took the risk to test these out and determine that they are a reasonably solid product before “slapping their sticker” on it.

If you think it’s daylight robbery, I imagine you must be wearing garage-sale clothes and growing your own crops, because all of those things are sold at similar mark-ups to cost.

Put it another way, go ahead a run a group-buy. If you’re willing to put in the time and effort to buy 50x of these to get them at a lower price, find 49 buyers, print 49 shipping labels, and deal with those couple guys that will inevitably do something stupid, fry their ESC, and come shouting injustice even though you’re “just the middle-man” and not the producer, go for it. If not, then pay APS the due price for their time and effort in doing just that.

2 Likes

Honestly it makes me sad to see such a product on the aps side. I don’t know if it’s a reliable unit or not, But the fact that they sell a vesc rip off for the double price than you can get on Alibaba.com doesn’t give me so much confidence in there production. I ordered 2,5 month ago 7 motors from them… Meanwhile some things happen that gave me to think… probably now I wouldn‘t make such a (for me) big order from them. Before I just heard and read good things about them, but looks like times going to change.

1 Like

Sooooo profit?

They even didn’t slap on there label… It‘s the same design, 100%. But with your word you gave me a bit to think that they have non the less more work with it that I thought. So let’s just hope they as min tested them out before stocking and selling them.

I grow my own clothes and live in the garage. Don’t get your knickers in a twist I was merely pointing out the margin is a bit steep at double and some is all.

4 Likes

Yeah sorry, came off more aggressive than is appropriate. Ultimately, you have the right to think that that margin is too steep and that is totally fair. And frankly, I haven’t bought one, as the combination of unknown-product and the price doesn’t look attractive to me either, so we totally agree on that. I just think that calling it daylight robbery is too much.

1 Like

No matter how high the margin, if someone was willing to pay for it, thats on them not APS. Either they didn’t do the research or simply don’t care. APS is just providing something at a particular price point, no one is forced to buy from them.

But back to the topic, has anyone tried these? They remind me of ESCapes. I don’t like how the plugs come out from the side though.

2 Likes