Are all multistar not glued?

I’ve soldered tabs with a monster iron and 60/40 solder as well and it was hard. I think it’d be easier to just clamp the tab and wires with something and I’ve heard of that being done. How they get more juice in the same size envelope…I think it simply has to be more juice and no way around it

2 Likes

Just use aluminum solder

yeah I read somewhere that someone used crimping and worked pretty decently, kinda looks like it was spot welded-ish, but much cheaper.

Is it as easy as 60/40? Does it take more heat. I’ll do the aluminum solder probably…never heard of it Don’t want anything to possibly come undone with simply compression. Too risky.

my first solder joint on the bridge i made to split the packs did break while i was riding, and i had to go back in there.

maybe i will order som aluminum solder and see what’s up with that. Do you need a hotter iron for aluminum solder in addition to the different flux?

Please let me know how that turns out if you end up clamping them together :slight_smile:

It does take a good amount of heat but a 60 watt iron can handle it. Do a search for “how I made my lipo packs slimmer” and you’ll see that I linked the aluminum solder that I used.

I first used solder paste which was shit but then I found actual solder

2 Likes

That battery is HUGE!

4Kg or 9Lbs for 12s2p 16Ah!

can you tell us the verdict about the parallel cells? how are the parallel cells connected? and how thin did you split them? single or double? do you have photos? The only photos I can find online are of the 6s1p packs but not the 6s2p…

I just ordered them. Ended up getting (3) 4s packs. 16ah. They ran out of the 6s packs and I look and the 4s ones are cheaper anyway. Surprise. There’s a world of batteries over there. I’ll tell u when I get them from the west coast distributor.

Pictures please!

If the form factor and deisgn is good, these could be great for rebuilding/reforming into slimmer packs for eBoards

1 Like

I got them a while ago. They aren’t glued! They sit here, I think ill use my other batteries instead in fact I think I’m going to try to get rid of them. It’s a huge pack and a great deal but at some point it becomes so huge that it’s …too huge. If ur around San Fran and want it for 20$ less than I paid its here and unused