Are there any builders in Gold Coast QLD?

@dareno nice one - I’m not actually on Facebook (deleted it a couple years ago) but will definitely try and get some people together on here.

I’m in Goldie but happily join a group in Brisbane, suppose it’s not that far… :joy:

I’ve actually recently emigrated from London and I’ve just bought all my tool goodies and getting a workbench set up to build!

@onloop what’s the rules with where to skate and not to upset anyone? Keep it to wide open public parks/quiet roads/beach paths?

I see a lot of eskates along the beach path and most people seem positively interested when they see them ride past (as long as they are dutiful of others) - a local electric scooter shop rents out bikes/scooters/boards and says he doesn’t hear of any issues.

1 Like

Whereabouts in London? I emigrated 10 years ago from south.

Living in Putney but originally Surrey way. How far South were you?

Brought up in Motspur Park. Tell people I’m from wimbledon because thats the only place they know. Did go to school there though. Uni in Guildford so surrey boy here too. Small world

Isn’t it wonderful when pinkbelly’s meet in the wild?

2 Likes

:joy: Factor 50 for days

@dareno Guildford was a local for me for a while - specially in the band days!

1 Like

Bahahahaha! too good!!

Hey Voyger1 some recent changes in QLD

Wow that is amazing - Fantastic work to them :+1:

1 Like

I’m thinking we should set a date for a meet in Brisbane/Gold Coast within the next 4-6 weeks, nice early 5 am morning Sat/Sun, coffee and show off ya bits…

I’m hoping this will ensure I get mine built in good time, or I bring my longboard and gawp over others :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man that sux. Did you hit a low voltage cutoff on your DIY maybe? Happened to me then I found a bad weld on one cell.

Crashed the gig or just crashed and burned?

1 Like

Dude I have no clue I haven’t diagnosed the problem yet, could be anything. I got some faults on my phone through the bluetooth module - DRV Fault and ABS over current. probably a broken focbox… :sob:

DRV fault yeah not good. have you tried it again? If it flashed red lights, try flashing firmware.

• Sunday, 28 April 2019 from 13:00-16:00 UTC+10

• Macintosh Island, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217

Come join us for a fun day out on Sunday the 28th, we’ll be joined by none other than popular Esk8 Youtuber Jay Boston and long time Enertion rider Moja Reeves! Moja championed the first US Enertion Tour in 2017 and we can’t wait to go riding with him again.

Location is starting from Macintosh Park, then riding to Quota Park and back all the way to Surfers Paradise Life Saving Club for a food and bev stop (and to charge of course!). Here is the route: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?fbclid=IwAR2Sbxhia3LJuZeKpUhq5B1hMBAYl-qTpUqmw90OZF75XQShzzyfQyT7_Lk&mid=1GTl9D5e6txZkUfC1Pxh2-CblpXwMAA0r&ll=-27.96369610967372%2C153.41860154999995&z=13

1 Like

Looks like it was a fun day for those that attended, I was not able to make it but anyone from here end up cruising out? looks like there was some interesting DIY boards there

Keen for the then next GC group ride, Ironed all the bugs out of my new ride.

Hi I Live on the Gold Coast and I would be interested in understanding the mechanics behind building my own board. There is some good information but would love to shadow someone who is building their own to have an understanding.

Hey mate, I am on the Esk8 news forum so I don’t normally post on here. Be cool to chat about what you want to build! I’m out riding GC most days and commute to work on my set up.

Ipswich here about to build my final board hummie deck, winfly battery modules 12s4p evolve pneumatics dicky ho long mounts 6374s Torqueboards 218s Focbox unity but likely to switch to two tb 6.6s when they’re released