Are there any RKP trucks with rake suitable for esk8 out there?

Honestly I prefer about 4mm of rake on tall bushings it leans for days and I love the dive feeling, hell I pump a Bennett vector the most divy truck made, I love that feeling. Carver cx tkp, super divy and fun…

Yup, they are the shit for eskates!

2 Likes

For Surf Rodz trucks, it requires a long axles that @psychotiller will include with his mount. Check out his site. The trucks are really bad ass. You can mount his mounts forward or backwards. They adjust well and look great.

Surf Rodz has 2 options for our purpose, TKPs and RKPs. Psycho has mounts for both. I am running RKPs with this slick adjustable baseplate. 20180618_161111

20180602_213524

I am running 40 degrees in the back and 50ish on the front. Awesome.

The SR bushings are meh, I would order some barrels from riptide. Double barrel.

I am about to order a set of the TKPs. @mmaner swears by them.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way. Get a full kit from psychotiller or just get the mounts (they will come with the appropriate axle). Surf Rodz has a 30% off sale with code: Summer. Then you can pick all your custom colors, even get it engraved.

So worth the money.

1 Like

Nope!!! RKP’s are actually more suited to forward mounting. And my mounts have always been reverseable…Always.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get away from caliber and evolve trucks… I want to feel stable like I do on your boards

1 Like

I actually want to move mine forward. I just don’t want to right now that everything is buttoned up and has loctite… Shoulda gone with the forward… I’m a dummy, but it does look cool out the back.

1 Like

I’d start with barrels & if you can, like Brad I’d personally keep the duro the same and change bushing shape. This methodology gets the most work out of the bushing giving a more consistent feel with as much bushing working for you as possible. You can change to a split duro, but understand one bushing will start working more than another… Nothing is perfect but I like Brad’s ideology :nerd_face: it is solid :facepunch: it is working for me!

1 Like

If it ain’t broke!!! you know the rest

3 Likes

They have a hanger wide enough for dual 6374? Have you tried to fit any other hangers on thier base?

Roads here are pretty s*** and I’ve always thought Avenue trucks would take a nice bit of the vibration down. I’ve been meaning to pick up a pair for my normal skateboard and it didn’t even cross my mind of putting them on the eboard I’m building. (First build)

There’s been a lot of threads about it here, search for the Avenue threads…too much info to rehash…

1 Like

+1 on the ronin’s. Hard to ride anything else (mostly calibers or clones) after having them on my eboard for a while now. They get even better if you tune them with a ice tea or horchata bushing in the roadside rear truck. And even better if you use combination of flat and cupped machined washers.

4 Likes

I also got the same Rogue Cast trucks…what are you doing in terms of motor mounts?

Old thread but worth responding,

Ronins for sure, - In 2018 the challenge for many such as myself coming into Esk8 with a first board as a compleate - Evolve GT > GTX the double kingpin was a challenge at speed.

I got a Raptor, Loved it however wanted something a little more defined for a front truck. I got Ronins. the downside was i couldent find Cronins (2013 model) at 180mm (and 8mm rake)… So went with plites. Then i had wheels that were narrow and fat back (more like a F1 car)

They were beyond perfect zero slop and bend but too divey (in combination with being narrow allowing you to turn almost too easily at speed). Eventually I found 90mm Boa’s which were offsetcore, nice 60cm contact Patch, Heavy wheels now the ride is “perfect” wheels are exactly aligned with the rear hubs. and in the years Ronins bushings selection has opened up (Factory OEM with intergated bumpstops being my favorites) Though the classic Beverage bushings from 2013 which feel hard as a rock compared to their others, still have a place in some of the setups.

For anyone using or considering Ronins - Please remember.

Dailing in yoursetup takes time once you get it - you’'ll know - nothing feels better you are simply stable always, at any level of lean You can lift off 2 wheels and balence without effort.

Never Overtighten Bushings - Always run A lower Duro boardside and harder roadside. To explain this its around the support pin. also the year the hangarbaseplate was produced. as the rebound on the pin should be on par with the boardside bushing (you just need a tiny bit of preload) so when you stand on your deck the proper compression ratio occurs.

Example: 2013 CRonins FP 92.5A - Feels Hard - alot of rebound 2015 Pro Lites FP 92.5A/90A - Feels soft - less rebound (compresses almost perfectly with the pin) 2017 CKatana’s FP 90A - Feels soft, slightly taller (perfect compression)

The 90A Factory OEM w bumpstop bushings are perfect as they stop compressing - at the moment the pin does.

This is key for multitude of reasons but the key takeaways for me - once you nail it, nothing else compares. due to the nature of distance traveled, Vibration road surfaces and blunt forces placed on the support pin, You dont want to find yourself killing the rebound in your supportpin it will suddenly feel dead mid ride unexpectedly.

So long as your pin floats nicley and i would recomend anti-Siezing your Pins/cups at least weekly if it’s a daily rider (ronin recomends less frequently however im sure its oreiantated at DH > short runs, most likey less KM/vibration)

It takes all but 3-4 minutes start to finish if even.

Cast Ronins are also more than durable enough. Their production process is brillant - just dont overtighten the Axle nuts or you’ll pull the axle to one side