Are These Legit? 18650 Cells

You did check the discharge curve didn’t you? What a cell is rated for is meaningless. “Pretty decent” would be a 30Q or GA pack compared to the champion VTC6.

If you want a long range pack get GA cells

This is my current board:

I’m going for pneumatics and Trampa trucks on the next iteration to smooth and dampen the vibrations during riding and also give it some off-road capability.

I’m also developing my own FOC enabled motor controller and once I get the single drive one working nicely I’ll make a single board for dual motors.

1 Like

@SimosMCmuffin Nice! We are probably ‘de-railing’'the discussion a bit… but I could shed some details on my build and witnessed power consumtion, if you’ŗe interested. Though data is not as precise and smooth as Vesc App could offer but still…

Ok, then 600wh pack is quite okay for long commute / high power rides.

Would still give you plenty of range probably.

The GA cells are way more expensive compared to the 35Es with pretty much identical performance. Cell current rating is based on it’s internal resistance or how much it heats up when you discharge it. They usually test with an upper temperature limit of 60 Celsius.

VTC6s are super expensive and only make sense if you need high capacity AND discharge current.

Please show me where in this graph you see identical performance:

that voltage drop is real! 30Q still stand as the price/performance winner

As I said. They are rated for 10 A and that’s what I’ve been designing my drive around.

That’s like saying that “I removed the rev limiter on my car and I drive it around 50% over the limited RPM and it’s performance is awful!” Well no duh sherlock.

At the more sensible discharge currents they are very similar.

1 Like

you always want to overspec- I made that mistake with my 25Rs - they are rated for 20A but don’t deliver. I just don’t want you to make the same mistakes. Good luck with your pack - I hope it works out the way you want it to.

Thanks. I really haven’t had a problem with the LG MJ1s, so I’m just building a bigger pack with similiar spec’d cells with a better price point.

@Maxid

I think a lot of people got 25R cells because they were just ‘ŗecommended’ at that time on the forum :slight_smile: Along with LG HG 2 I believe

They do perform poorly for higher load, that’s true but yeh unless you really wish to torture cells I think what @SimosMCmuffin will suit him well… he still has relatively huge pack to compensate for the load / high power demand.

:confounded: My head is spinning!! :dizzy_face:

How much amperage will I need to draw with 2 motors??

I’m thinking on going with the GA’s to be safe…?

get Samsung 30Q and you have the best of both worlds (high capacity and high discharge capabilities). They are the favorites around here at this point.

ok, I’m done thinking for today XD I’ll go with those lol. Thanks guys! You saved me a bunch of money and headache!

Found them on ru.nkon.nl. 30EUR shipping for a total of ~ 160USD nice!