AT LEAST IT WORKS BUILD...or does it? 32" Arbor Zeppelin Maple Longboard Deck Gullwing Sidewinder II Trucks DIY Skate Mount 2x 3S 5.0 Turnigy LiPos

WARNING The IMAX charger you linked to on Amazon is a FAKE! Be careful they are inferior Chinese clones.

I had one, slowly the balance ports started to break and now it’s bricked and I can’t use it.

An IMAX B6 should be around £40-50 and the B6 writing should be ‘gold’ and in italic. Also, it should have a genuine shiny sticker on the back that has a code on it (that you scratch off) that you can verify with SkyRC’s website to check if it’s genuine. Also the bullet connectors on the side of the unit should be gold and not silver.

Could you send an amazon link possibly for the correct Imax charger? I figured it might be a knock off, thanks a bunch for pointing that out. I forgot to post wheels, I have a complete (non electric) board already. I REALLY want to use my gull wing sidewinder 2 trucks, does anyone know of a motor mount that will work? Or maybe I can alter the diy motor mount. I do have gearing and a pulley, it’s included in the motor mount kit.

What about This? Says it’s from SKYRC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L5YBJI2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116978&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=imax+charger+b6&dpPl=1&dpID=51FuRjn2PpL&ref=plSrch

Yes, that’s a genuine one. If You look at this photo, you can see the bullet connectors are gold. Also it’s about the right price.

The only thing they’re not showing is the bottom where the sticker would be.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61etzrfgscL.SX522.jpg

Or maybe I could even just use the top section of the caliber trucks with the second pivot point, do you think the caliber top portioom would fit to replace the top portion of the sidewinder 2s?

The Lipo Y series connector you listed has deans style plugs, you want one with XT90’s or plugs that match the batteries at minimum. Otherwise you have to remove the plugs and put something else on, at that point your pretty much making it from scratch.

Any recommendations? Wouldn’t you have to solder regardless in order to put them in series? Or should i be putting them in parralel? The videos I watched showed them being wired in series but wouldn’t 11.1v be way less than ideal? I have these listed… isnt this the corrrect XT90? 5 Pairs Amass XT90-S Anti-Spark Male Female Connector for Battery, ESC and Charger Lead

+1 this is what I am doing and I would take the half price over the nano any day

@irdesigns Took me a while but I just realized what you are talking about. lol This is good then huh? https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Bullet-Battery-Adapter-Turning/dp/B01LYLI4KA/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499209602&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=lipo+battery+series+connector+bullet

Yeah that’s the correct style for your batteries.

@Irdesigns, awesome, I have everything shipping right now. Hobbyking has already shipped. I should have everything in about a week. Luckily I was able to use my $200 Amazon credit to buy all kinds of connectors, trucks, wheels, HK-GT2B remote controller, a UBEC and a voltage meter/low voltage alarm. I am wondering how important it is to have a UBEC installed. Also, I don’t have a power switch… I know what a goof. What should I do about this? I heard DIY’s power switch is easily fried, have you heard anything about that? I’m getting the GT2B, I’m probably gonna end up using it as is for a while, a bit clunky but I don’t have access to a 3D printer ATM.

…Thanks everyone for your help, how fortunate it is to have a forum like this around. :slight_smile: It feels good to know that anyone with the desire to build an electric board has access to this generous community of individuals who enjoy making that happen. I probably would have ended up going with some awful china prebuilt kit if I didn’t have such easy access to so much information and advice from you kind empathetic veteran board builders. :cry:

Oh and I have 4 Lipo batteries, should i run 3 in a series? Or two in a series and keep two in my backpack as back up?

Why not put 2 lots of 2 in series and the put those two sets in parallel? No need to switch out batteries half way through then…

Great reccomendation, will do

1 Like