[AUS] Australia, Custom built 18650 Battery packs including Evolve battery upgrade

What spot welder are you using? It looks like a monster

Hey Mark…I saw your add on eBay…I was wondering how long till you were here.

Mark from Bris we spoke a few times about 6 month ago when you were getting setup. :thinking: I was chasing up a GTX upgrade.

Welcome to esk8 your timing is unbelievably good with your opposition in bris concentrating on his normal work over summer…lol

1 Like

Hi moon, It’s a 15KVA unit with pneumatic press electrodes. Does the job :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah it’s good there’s a few options for batteries out there. I kept my prices the same as tinniesinker rather than be in competition. Most of the batteries I’m making are for Perth guys. Esk8 is a great source of info. I love all the different mods people are trying on their boards. I’m keen to build a carbon board from scratch, I’ve made surfboards before but never used carbon fibre. I’m also working on a bolt on 6Ah battery booster for Evolve boards too. It’s easy to get addicted to this stuff and perhaps a little carried away :joy:

2 Likes

I see it’s like morr than $1000 on Ali… Wtf?

I’m glad that you aren’t trying to compete with Tinnie and instead are just offering an alternative. Great attitude, and a great addition to Aussie esk8!

Safety in numbers…:grin:

Last time we spoke you were spending half your life on planes…

“I’m keen to build a carbon board from scratch, I’ve made surfboards before but never used carbon fibre”

There might be some of these still available…hard to beat. He is a legend here…I’ve got one…lol

Still back and forth on planes with the day job. I enjoy building batteries plus it’s a way of paying for more projects. Saving up for a cnc router next, keen to do a diy one rather than off the shelf. I’m half way through building a vacuum forming machine at the moment, so got plenty to keep me busy.

2 Likes

As I just said selling batteries helps to pay for all the gear I’m buying. Hope the Mrs doesn’t see this post and see how much the welder is :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll do you a favour and hide it then - did you actually pay that much - thats crazy :smiley:

Apparently it weighs like 40kg

2 Likes

Yep. Big sucker! I built a 12KW battery pack for my house with it. I’m off grid and running on solar and batteries. The power company wanted $40k just to connect to the grid a few years ago when I built my house so decided to go solar instead.

2 Likes

Oh jeez totally worth it have you got pics of your setup?

Not with me. Away for a short break with the Mrs.

1 Like

@Hummie deck would be a perfect platform…lots of R & D there.

The SurRodz have a excellent reputation also…

https://psychotiller.com/product/surfrodz-177mm-rkp-trucks-with-dual-quick-66-mounts

Sell more battery’s hahaha

1 Like

im trying to find pricing on parts at the moment currently its looking between 3.5-4k to build though i need to ensure i can get higher speeds than my WoWGO board, i find top speed nice and all but i think its only really usable around the city and short trips im looking at making this build as a speed freak type of thing. still haven’t picked motors mounts and drive system style yet but im probably going to look more into belt drive and some alternative mounts, they are very expensive for no reason might even end up CNC my own mounts if it turns out to be a lot cheaper. looked at hobby king they have motor mounts for $13

Hobbyking mounts are only for Calibre II trucks, they won’t fit TB218 properly and are also nonadjustable. Quite a few people have use this mount by @dickyho https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CNC-motor-mount-for-50-63-motors-for-DIY-eskate-electric-skateboard/302775190943?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=601716797808&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 It is proven to be a decent mount, cheap adjustable, with idlers, you can message him for a longer mount which is great for reverse mount, which I currently use

will that fit the Trampa board by any chance, i believe they use different style due to the springs.

Oh shit you’re right, good luck finding cheap mounts for MSB trucks hahaha

yeh that was the issue haha, last ones i looked at were 400, but someone linked me some belt drive ones for 180 USD instead so thats over half price saving just there. if i cna get them for about $100-$150 i be happy

I think you’ll need to manage your expectations a bit, after chatting to you on facebook I’m not sure you’ll be able to achieve what you want with your budget

1 Like