Axle lengths for mtb

Ah! I see now…

Okie dokie, double check the bearing id and we’ll go from there.

I’m not 100% onboard with those pulleys/pulley adaptors if I’m honest - your front hanger extensions and your rear hanger extensions are going to be different to account for just the wheel on the front and the wheel pulley/pulley adapter on the rear, and ontop of that also the pulley bearing seems unnecessary but we can make it work.

One last thing, do you want to widen your hanger (218+) or try to keep it as close to standard as possible?

A little widening is probably mandatory, but I’m not looking to extend it significantly. I don’t mind a little extra width unless it significantly stresses the truck with more torque.

Don’t you think I can use spacers to accommodate the lack of pulleys on the other wheels? I have two pulleys but only one is in use as of right now.

Let’s go with the standard dimensions of the bearings. I will double-check them and come back to you.
Is there going to be a part that fits over the shoulder past the axle? (In that case I need to accommodate where the motor mount is)

Ok, cool…

Regarding adding width to the hanger, you are right, some additional width is neccesary, and yes spacers could be used, and whilst i dont think it is the “right way” of doing it, it’ll work.

Also regarding adding width, this is were the ID of the bearing is critical…

If you need a standard 8mm axle, you are going to need to add a longer section that sleeves the existing axle before dropping down to the new, longer axle (not a huge problem) however if you can increase the axle width along with the length, the new axle sleeves the old axle, with just a short shoulder section (i"ll attach a pic)!

Screenshot_20190327-143856_Google