Axle vesc thread

What are difference in your warranty?

@JohnnyMeduse might re-read the first post. :wink:

Until v6 comes out, i think any bleeding edge will have issues (12s and close to 60k ERPM, FOC seems especially sketchy at the limits of the VESC). Not something they can fix, but try to help with some of those upgrades mentioned (caps).

@zmoney - Does this include the capboard and caps as well, or just bare VESC board and wires w/o caps?

@PhatJay - your beef aside w/ enertion (i’d be frustrated too if 5 months is legit.), we have no idea if this is a “quality vesc” yet. Time will tell. If you want the best VESC out there - get @Chaka’s. Hands down, but you aren’t getting it for $90! Quality costs, and i’m encouraged to see more options. The more competitive it is for our $ the better it will get. You’ll get stratification w/ top tier offerings costing a premium, and the bare bones budget offerings like the maytech VESCs at the bottom.

Warranty vs no-warranty - all part of what you want to spend. Just wish folks would accept their own risk - if you get w/o warranty you’d better be ready and skilled enough to swap DRV chips if you kill one. Sometimes not from any missuse - just MTBF (shit happens and they just fail).

I have 6 VESCs and have killed 2 DRV chips in over a year. Being cautious and not pushing the limits (both were killed bench testing 12s w/ misuse on my part hammering hard accel/braking repeatedly - not good to your DRV), the rest are going strong still. 4.7hw 1.13fw (just works) - BLDC.

/rant

Look forward to seeing your VESCs @Zmoney! Appreciate you are going to give $ back to Ben. That’s needed to keep him innovating and hopefully getting v6 available sooner!

@sl33py sorry I skip it…

It is a good Warranty, I just hope they have the buisness plan to back it up… It will cost them around 30 to 40 % of their profit just to back their warranty…

Again it is a nice Warranty… I just hope they can deliver…

Will prices rise after preorder?

I think it will cost 110

They’re pretty damn sweet and much easier to chain together into a dual VESC config due to the extra solder points on the caps board, and the way the wires are run over the side to meet the caps board there is no longer an issue of shorting due to punctured insulation by port pins. The new configuration is lovely and much less work to squeeze into smaller spaces.

@zmoney I’ve been told that fatter, higher voltage mosfets and higher voltage caps on the PCB will find you much more reliable at 12S. You have a chance here to make a move on that. The 10S best-practice limit is artificial and can easily be broken through with what basically amounts to an extra few dollars per unit. There are plenty of people here who will buy them specifically for that voltage if you can make them run cooler and last longer by using beefier components.

Yes. This does include the cap pcb. I look forward to see people in enjoying their new VESCs!!

1 Like

You’re right. My team and i have actually ordered a few beefier components and plan on soldering testing them out for ourselves. Were going torture those little VESC’s and see how they hold up with 12s. If everything goes as planned we will use those components in our final product. Those how have pre-ordered will not have pay anything more and the pre-order price will remain the same.

3 Likes

Hey mate, first of all good luck with your business ! As the heart of the board it’s nice to see some exra suppliers here.

Are you planning to have an EU distributor? Or do your international shipments require import taxes?

And that’s how its done. Welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Definitely great to have another option. I just place a pre-order. Looking forward to getting them!

@zmoney Any plans for distribution in Canada (where I live)? I’m getting mine shipped to the US since I live close to the border, but just for those other Canadian out there. We are limited on VESC options up here currently.

1 Like

I don’t think higher voltage MOSFETs bring any advantage. I think they more likely bring the disadvantage of a higher Rds on. So they get hotter. You will not find 80V FETs with a low Rds on like the IRFS7530 60V FET.

@zmoney Great to see a new supplier on the marked. You promise a lot. My own opinion is, that you shouldn’t concentrate on the V4.12 version any longer. Be the first one producing the V6.0 design. I think Benjamin will publish it soon. When you look on enertions delivery times your customers will then get their “new” version month before others.

1 Like

Definitely great to have another option. I just place a pre-order. Looking forward to getting them!

@zmoney Any plans for distribution in Canada (where I live)? I’m getting mine shipped to the US since I live close to the border, but just for those other Canadian out there. We are limited on VESC options up here currently.

I plan on manufacturing the new VESC in a small qty. to test. Not that I doubt Vedder work, but i don’t want to hop on to early and find that there are a few adjustments to be made. We’re going to test the new vescs so that we spend less time fixing orders and more time distributing. Thanks!

I can understand that. Will build this new version also myself as soon a possible. Hope I can help when I find any bug. Good luck with your company. :slight_smile:

We can ship internationally, but at this stage, we have to charge import taxes (if applicable). I wish there was a way for us to send out orders internationally cheaper :frowning:

@johnny_261 we’re looking into a Canadian, EU, and Australian warehouse right now. Might be a possibility in the future.

Need to have Paypal as a payment option.

1 Like

Our e-commerce platform doesn’t have Paypal integration. If you’d like to use Paypal, you can send us an email or pm us. Because It doesn’t integrated, that means orders will not be reflected our inventory management system. Sorry about that.

well then maybe you should change e-commerce systems

1 Like