B-Box kit Groupbuy

sweet 0603 is as small as I have dealt with. where r you located? how long do you think it will take to ship to San Francisco? I’m going on Spring break this coming week and I would like to get it done before school starts again.

And what about the motion sensor?

1 Like

Oh as far as I know it hasn’t been implemented and is incase someone wants to use it for drones etc.

Once we get 10 kits together and they pay. Like 7 days

Where are we at right now? I think you will reach 10 kits quite fast :sunglasses:

7 so far

10char

I really want to sign up for one or two of these kits but I don’t know if I can afford it yet :disappointed:

@bimmer would it be possible for you to post a video of you making one complete so those of us that have never done this before can gauge of were up to the task or better of waiting for fully completed ones or an ESCape.

3 Likes

There are actually a lot of soldering videos on youtube that are quite good and it is really not that hard. Bimmer said he didn’t have any experience before and managed to do it. I would just accept the challenge and go for it :smiley:

3 Likes

Uhm I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

The SMD only kit includes the PCB and all SMD components (ignoring NRF, I have no interest in that), yes?

That would be SO HELPFUL! :smile:

No it includes only the BOM as some people already have pcb’s

1 Like

Does the silicon heat transfer pad on the aluminum heat sink work as well as an all aluminum heatsink?

You cannot have an all aluminum heat sink because the Direct fets are conductive

1 Like

The Buy is go. if you registered you got an E-mail if you have questions hit me up. We will do shipping once I am ready to ship for now just the price of the items.

2 Likes

Awesome, payment sent :smile:

Never done SMD soldering before but my brother does it for a living so I’m just going to treat this as an expensive experiment and see how I go :yum:

1 Like

Could you provide the stencil files, so we can order them in advance?

1 Like

@bimmer do you have a link to a video or tutorial on how to solder the DirectFETS? that is the only part of the BOM that I will have problem soldering as I am unsure how to solder those FETS on.

Learn but with your brother standing behind you and with his equipment, I’d love to have that assurance…zero losses

I’ve got the gear but no Yoda to help me, I expect losses even catastrophicIMG_8698

3 Likes