Bad news. Computer crash

true, but you can get the safe mode boot to trigger if you cycling the power off and on in the middle of a boot, at least this works for me.

eh, ive never seen that work constantly, plus its not good to hard shutdown as system as it is booting…

I’m sure it’s not great, but I’ve never had a computer fail due to force shut downs.

well then you have not worked on many computers :wink:

I have worked on hundreds of computers, and have seen hundreds more come into the shops i have worked in. and i have seen many computers where the reason they died, is that the person always force shutdown the computer.

Yeah…windows 8 sucked. I have never liked it.

Here’s where I’m at. I bought a new computer, windows 10. Bought the hard drive case. Plugged it all in. I made new file named hard-drive and have started the copy. Says more than one day to complete. I’m a little worried.

they can take awhile. if it was an older slower hdd in a usb 2.0 enclosure it will take even longer

I would not copy everything at once. Break it up

You have your own anecdotal evidence, but don’t imply things about me please. If you must know I’ve been in IT for the past 8 years and am currently employed as such in a large tech company.

@psychotiller I wouldn’t copy the entire disk; you don’t need all the system files or program files. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk through options. I ran an IT Dept for years. Good luck!

1 Like

Stopped and just copied users file which has everything I was worried about. Thanks for all the help today guys!

4 Likes