Badfish build lacroix mbs maytch enertion atc idea esk8life

Yes, We are anticipating this and will have something for that as well. MBS has taken notice and is moving SLOWLY, we will try to help them along…

2 Likes

Do you just use Kapton tape to isolate the groups running on the right hand side?

No, fish paper as well it’s just a clear or off white color instead of greenimage each group is then capped with adhesive fishpaper before putting everything together. 20190125_000135

6 Likes

Not between the left and right side. Between the groups that run up the right side? Looks like plenty of Kapton? It’s nice to see different ways people build batteries.

so two layers of tape and a fish paper medium and in some cases when we need to stiffen an area we will use micro sheets of fiberglass

Thank you, Benjamin and I Really saw the battery pack growing to unmanageable sizes with a lot of unnecessary crap. He has really taken things to a simpler approach to building packs that do what they are capable of. I also like being able to inspect the pack for 1 quality, cell verification (you don’t know what’s in that black or blue pack) wire paths and connections, its troubleshooters wet dream.

4 Likes

I see now, yes we talked about putting fish paper there as well but during construction, we have each group taped, so 4 layers of protection. it just becomes redundant, in all reality if something compromises the pack in a major way fish paper won’t do shit but burn with everything else

1 Like

Look’n most awesome. That batt pack on the left, hmmm😏

Thanks Guys, I will have some final pics up soon. I just got it configured and closed up. We will have it set up on a 72T gear for a moment to test that setup and then we will go to a helical gear drive (E-TOXX), deck finish (top) for the final build. PS. e-toxx group buy anyone? We will facilitate a small GB starting next week for the helical MATRIX mini drive once we have the other GB orders fulfilled by weeks end.

4 Likes

Finally had the time to put the new gears on from @Idea, Thanks Tom they look and fit great. I think you can add the MBS Rockstar to your excelent Gears roster of hubs. Totally worth the money and the wait… Ha Finally complete and first test ride pointed out everywhere that needed some treadlock and adjustment.

20190218_230702 20190218_230711 20190218_230722 20190218_230748 20190218_230815

8 Likes

Damn these looks beefy

Now I’m kicking around adding bindings. Can I get some feedback on these from the community? I’m not that familiar with that style of AT. I now that jumping is a big thing but more interested in stability and control if added or decreased? Pros and Cons 20190218_231402 20190218_231409 20190218_231415 20190218_231423 20190218_231429

I don´t own a lacroix but i thought the shape of the deck should give you already a stable stand and make carving pretty comfortable. Bindings limit you in one stand position, which is more a down side for me here. Jumping with an under board battery tray is in my eyes not the best idea ether :sweat_smile: So all in all I don´t see a need for bindings on a lacroix.

2 Likes

I could not agree more. Apart from jumping and the added leverage for tight carving, they hinder high speed stability, since they lock your feet in only one position. So bottom line: Mountain board = bindings Lacroix with bindings = meh

1 Like