Ballistic Chicken | SK3 6354 260kv | X-Car Beast 150a | GT2B - UPDATE VICTORY!

Yes I have the programming card and I did go through the set up. I got it working 15 seconds ago. I went to the hobby store and bought a different remote. I felt very strongly that the remote was the problem, and it appears I was right. I am about to go for my first ride ever …!!!

If for some reason nobody ever hears from me again, everything goes to my wife and kids. Thank you all.

1 Like

It worked great!!! Woot! Tonight we learned that there is a fine line between thrilling and terrifying. No idea how fast it goes. I may never know. But this is freakin awesome!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I used multistars on my first build. I would only recommend using them if you’re not entirely sure you want to fully get into electric longboarding.

Mine lasted for maybe 100 cycles at best, at which point some cells just didn’t perform as well as the others, and would fall to very low resting voltages (~3.4v) while others still had plenty of charge (~3.85v). I had an 8S2P setup made of 4x 5200mAh 4S packs, and kept my VESC settings well withing the limits of the 10c discharge limit of the packs.

Don’t get me wrong, for the price, it is a great way to get into the hobby and get a great deal of range! But, I wouldn’t expect them to last too long before one or more of the cells decides to give up!

I wish you the very best on your first build. Cheers!

2 Likes

I ended up with 2 5500mAh Tattu 40c lipos after hearing similar advice. The batts in these pics are tiny little 2200 drone 3s batts (20c) because I didn’t realize when I won the bid on eBay that the batteries were coming from China. They are not due to be here for another 45 days so I had to buy something at the local hobby shop to tide me over until then.

I’ll upload some sexier pics when I work out a proper enclosure for it (I have a natural wood one I’ve started working on).

2 Likes

Woot! Delivery day! Bigger battery, headlights, LEDS, step down converter, and most importantly: warning label.

3 Likes

im a little worried about how long that little switch will last. seeing as you have the loop key why have it at all?

I was just going to ask the same thing. Maybe aesthetic purposes?

Switches are cool.

1 Like

1 Like

Still waiting for the real enclosure to come in. Then I can add the red LED underbody light. I also have a better headlight on the way. Something recommended in another thread.

I’d really like to get that flat breaker @mmaner uses. Then I’d dump the switch and the key.

You mean the 100 amp DC breaker? They are only good up to 6s but can be had at Amazon for just a few bucks.

That’s the one, and I’m at 6s!

3 Likes

And with the completion of tonight’s ride I have officially put 65miles on my first build and she is rock solid jammin’. With the recent addition of the fan my motor barely gets warm no matter how hot it is outside and I still haven’t quite hit my top speed yet…

3 Likes

Hello i am planning o n using the same amazon truck kit. Is the shaft shaped like a D? Was the angled section near the kingpin the only part you modified? I have a caliber style motor mount that I will be using and want a truck that will work.

Thank you in advance!

Hi! Sorry my response took so long. I’m in Florida. I am back from my evacuation. The trucks are flat on three sides and rounded on one. The only modification I had to make was to trim the little support piece that is triangle shaped. I hope that helps based on the amount you are considering.