Baseplate with less angle for mounting on an angle, Will it work?

LOVE the GBomb deep drop brackets. I had my first dual motor setup with these - (5065 200kv at the time) w/ Paris 195 trucks and ADS v1 motor mounts.

Sweet setup until stolen. Only pain points were the motor mounts liked to rotate when braking hard (and grind on the ground - no fun). And i had to grind the front of the paris base at the pivot cup to fit within the curve of the deep drop bracket.

This was the reason i swapped the new extended 218mm DIYes Caliber clone trucks baseplate to legit Caliber II baseplate - the legit baseplate was a bit smaller and didnā€™t stick out as much. Since iā€™m recreating (eventually) my Subsonic / GBomb esk8. [quote=ā€œlonghairedboy, post:16, topic:29899, full:trueā€] oh yeahā€¦ iā€™m pretty sure somebody here had a build using some of those a while back. Maybe it was @psychotiller ? [/quote]

Yeah - that was me. I didnā€™t adjust mine a ton, but it was really nice to adjust. The original GBomb brackets were adjustable on the fly w/ a bike wheel clamp (rotate to tighten, lever closed to clamp - but also in the way on one side). I have the newer DD Brackets and they are set without this clamp - a bit less adjustable on the fly (you can use a skate tool to do it). But also lightened a lot w/ more material removed at the bottom (they are aluminum - not super heavy, but not light - pretty thick).

way way back in the dayā€¦:

(you can see the clamp at the top - tried to move it out of the way as much as possible). Great setup! Will make v2 even better!

1 Like

@longhairedboy

Bustin YoFace!

How was/is yours setup?

I picked up one up the other day on the Craigā€™s, and am really digging it! Indy 215ā€™s and 83mm sector 9 wheels. Deck is 41 x 10"ā€¦

Sadly Iā€™ve not got a esk8 yet, but thinking about setting it up the YoFace with Nowinds dual gear drive, with trucks mounted on the tails and 8" pneumatics.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™d have to cut the tails down some for wheel clearance, and think Iā€™d need some reinforcement at the ends as well.

The tail angle I havenā€™t measured yet, but Iā€™d have to make custom wedges to get them at the right angle.

that sounds like a fun setup! You wouldnā€™t need much of a wedge to correct it to 35 degrees, but youā€™d defintiely need one. The tails are pretty angled up already but they arenā€™t quite there.

I kind of want to take my old YOFACE off the wall and put the 6S back in it.