Battery build service - gauging interest!

Hi everyone,

So I’m just gauging some interest in a battery building service. I know there’s people out there that already do this but I’ve heard the wait times are pretty long!

I’m building my own battery and will be getting a welder. I’d happily admit that this will be my first battery build but the logic behind it is relatively simple.

I have the facilities and time to build batteries (sometimes I do 20hrs a week, sometimes 60hrs) and would like to know if anyone would be interested. It would be a case of parts + X amount labour (unsure of labour value yet!)

My goal would be to build some batteries as a friendly service rather than a potential business.

I’ll admit that this would basically be to cover the cost of a welder. It seems silly for me to buy all the gear to only do batteries for myself!

Let me know your thoughts! This would be a UK service for the time being.

Cheers, Dan

1 Like

where are you based? Bear in mind that shipping batteries is not the easiest thing to do…

good luck for your new venture!

I’m based in the UK. If it becomes a popular thing I would contact a courier to arrange something. Providing they’re informed of it being a hazardous product they’re usually okay with sending it!

I’ve added the service location in the OP.

Thanks!

Im here if you need fishpaper :joy:

2 Likes

Nice to hear that somebody wants to build battery.

One important thing: start first building your own pack. Learn en read a lot about building packs. Be also aware for the danger off li ion battery’s. Also calculate the time for labour in your price

Good luck with starting your service! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Safety should be the no. 1 priority for battery builders! Post images of the packs you build, accept criticism and act on it, and learn from others’ mistakes! :slight_smile: There are plenty of experienced battery builders like @pjotr47 here on the forum – go read their posts, and see the mistakes they’ve made in the past, so that you can avoid them :slight_smile:

Good luck! If all goes well then I might be buying my battery from you in September :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate it!

I’ll start with my own packs first before I run the risk building one for someone else. I enjoy doing research when I’m interested in something so I’ll be sure to get everything correct the first time.

Lucky for me I have access to a unit. I’ll be able to keep everything safe just incase something bad happens.

Cheers!

3 Likes