Battery diagnostics/repair

No problem.

Here’s the info where i got it from:

1 Like

Tried the bms bypass, and I get the same result. I actually put it back the original way, because the power button was being ignored and I wasn’t able to turn it off. Didn’t want to try and rewire that as well. I’m at a loss for what the issue could be.

Hmm, it’s probably something else then. I’ll see if there’s another issue. What esc is it btw?

Enertion Focbox

1 Like

That will help me out on the research. Thanks! Hopefully you find the answer and I’ll see if anything comes up.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh… there’s a very few info about this… people are saying its the battery. And that you should check the esc for any damages. I went through so much and only found it being a battery issue. They said to unplug the esc and let it reset cycle for about 10 minutes or so.

Its crazy how small the info is.

However, if this still haven’t solve your issue, you can try the other forum.

1 Like

That’s all I could find as well.

1 Like

My only option is to say to ask the others in the other forum. It’s a hit or miss, but hopefully they have it solved.

1 Like

I want to know more about less braking if bypassed. I run my bms as discharge too. 60 amp.

I run a lot of brake vesc setting, and use sparingly. For very short time and very light braking.

Also, I run 6o amp brakes, but again use lightly. Am I ruining battery? I hear that it only charges half of what you assume. And if only for short time, and at lowish speed, will that overcharge battery?

Also usually dont use brake with full fulllll battery. Is that what you meant by full brakes using discharge bms?

If you are not bms bypassed, the bms would usually cut off the voltage regen current will push back, which protects your battery (overcharged protection) and if you try to drain your battery at low voltage, your bms stops that (under voltage protection).

Bms bypass, as named, bypasses this. Meaning you can over charge and under charge your batteries at will.

You won’t ruin your batteries if you are not bypassed. You can if you are dependable.

Basically braking while your battery is at 42v (10s). I’ve only met a few that does brake at full charge and I’ll tell them not to. You don’t have less braking power, you just don’t have protection if you brake at full charge. Usually running the motors until the board says 41v helps.