I’ve been trying t figure this same thing out along with a couple others and this thread was the closest to what I was trying to find. I just blew a 10s3p 30q randomly out of nowhere that won’t charge or discharge properly (or at all anymore FML) so def want a BMS on any build I do.
I have a raptor 2 coming this week and I know they have a BMS. But I also have a spare R2 SPACE battery coming I plan to use on my main DIY builds and want a BMS, enertion hasn’t been much help getting the answers I need related to this so figured the community could help a lot more…
- Since the SPACE cell from Enertion doesn’t come with a BMS is it fine to use any 10s BMS?
- Is there a simple way of adding a BMS to the space cell or is the battery going to need to be disassembled, wired with BMS, reassembled back together, wrapped, and then put in heat-shrink again…?
- Any BMS anyone recommends since Enertion won’t at all (really think they should cell BMS to people who buy a spare battery)
- Anyone know if the spare battery comes with an enclosure too?
Any thoughts, advice, or input is welcome.
******* Bonus question… if someone can help me with my original issue in the first statement I made to help me save a 10s3p 30q battery I will love you for life… here is the cliff notes version again to try and make it an easy read…
- Got the battery from a fellow form member - worked great and rode it on my DIY set up (dual FOCboxes with 2 TB 6355 motors on 97 mm reflys’s) - after a month or so of riding a couple random issues with my board acting strange occasionally that turned out to be nothing (Psycho actually helped me with a few things) and I can’t remember exactly why but my BMS needed to come off - was going to put a new one on but didn’t and psycho said I didn’t really need it anyway (not blaming him at all becuse I’ve been known to be a board/battery killer I think just because I push boards too hard, ride daily, and live in a somewhat hilly area in SoCal…I’ve killed a couple koowheel batteries and another 1 or 2 I cant even rememeber what they were now) - fast forward to a week or two ago - been riding say 5-10 miles a day I’d say (side note - not sure if me being 6’3" 200 lbs helps either) - well one day I go for a normal daily (night) ride with my buddy who ESK8’s everyday with me - no issues on the ride - plugged my board in when I got home like normal (I plug my board in to go to 100% after every ride no matter how much I used) - skip to the next day and when I go to get my morning smoothie like I do everyday my board won’t turn on, no power anywhere… take apart and examine and find nothing, have 1-2 other people examine, nothing - plug in to BLDC tool and nothing is wrong or changed - only way it will turn on is plugged in, but when it’s on and plugged in the power when I give throttle is super sluggish, battery drains from 100% down to 0% on my meter within 2-3 seconds and will usually cut out before hitting 50-60% - that’s where I am at as of now when I come to you today.
PLEASE HELP. Any advice or ideas or welcome.
***I will be the first to admit I’m not a battery builder or expert but that’s why I get help from others
Thanks in advance FAM. Keep esk8’n!