Battery not charging

charging cable does not give any reading from the wall to the box. Can i rule out thagt my problem is the cord?

How your charger get green light if you canā€™t measure any voltage? Did you change to AC on your multimeter?

from where to where exactly?

sounds like you are measuring the cable coming from the wall to your charger only which is probably not the caseā€¦

Iā€™d measure directly on the connector coming from the charger first. Donā€™t cause a short though lol

If thatā€™s fine, next step is to plug it in to your board and as @Andy87 said, measure off the connectors on your charging port (inside of you enclosure) with your battery unplugged.

Then, Iā€™d replug the battery, unplug your charger, and CAREFULLY measure voltage on you charging port, but Iā€™d do it with one probe on the charging port - and the other directly on your battery +, and then switch to one probe on batt - and other on your charging port +, to minimize the risk of shorting the battery having both probes around the charging portā€¦

i can try doin that sounds a little sketchy for someone whos never done it but as long as probes dont come into contact i should be ok right? And i was measurung dc volts thank you for the correction.

Donā€™t do that, you will short your battery. Cut a connector and plug it in, then measure on the wires.

no. even one probe can short your battery if you put it into your charging port. only measure off your port (backside) if you know what you are doing.

I said - I wouldā€¦ - I donā€™t recommend that unless he knows how to do it and what heā€™s doing.

Iā€™ve measured off the charging port without a problem, but only with one probe

ya if i dont have bad luck i have no luck at all so might have to ask a buddy who does electric to guide me or i dont feel comfortable enough and not enough knowledge without messing something up

1 Like

one of the solder connections is wore away will that have any effect?

what solder connection? picture!

1 Like

The c - solder spot

Thatā€™s where your charger connection would go, so if the wire is no longer connected, you wonā€™t be able to charge through your port :grin:

Solder it back (probably a loose black wire coming from the charging port) and give me a ā€œsolutionā€ lol

ok i will try that tonight. whats the reading from the end of the charging cable from box to the board connection its reading .02?

Those C- and P- are cold solder joints. It either wasnā€™t hot enough or no resin was used, or both

ok thanks it was from the factory is it possibal to resolder it and try it?

I would resolder it, definitely