Battery pack Build Recommendations? Copper soldering or pure nickel Strip?

I used a 10awg equivalent tinned copper braid for my 12s4p HG2 pack. I cut it into strips first, tinned the cells, then marked where the battery lined up on the strip and saturated the braid in that spot though both layers of the braid, laid it on the battery and the a quick firm press with the soldering iron bonding the two together. Pictures are in my build thread. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/custom-evolve-12s4p-hg2-518wh-dual-vesc-build/14487

so far ive always reinforced with copper, but on my last build I just used 3 nickel strips spot welded ontop of each other (for a 10S3P battery). felt like more work overall, but I guess its the best for the cells in the end because of soldering heat.

hardly noticeable because I worked precisely, but its 3 strips :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a 12awg soldered pack ran beautifully

3 Likes

theres been success with magnets and thin copper stripping in the diy ebike community. no heat. better connections and less resistance and can be broken down and reconfigured. Haven’t heard of anyone doing it for a board though where there would be more vibrations.

batteries, small strong magnets, electrically conductive paste, 10mil copper sheet, duct tape.

love the raw look very awesome.

1 Like

Merry Christmas to everybody