Battery Replacement, Lead to Lithium?

Greetings Guys. Would an eBay 36v 30ah lithium battery (e-bike, scooter), work for this MotoTec 1800watt off-road skateboard. I have the same question. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201864169307

The listing description says 10 30ah cells 42v charging voltage 36v operating. 30ah cells? @barajabali Have you ever seen anything like this?

If the battery wasnt 480$ i could probably justify getting it xD however seeing as how i could build a single motor e board for the price of say 500-600 i would probably go that route instead of paying that much for a battery.

1 Like

My goal is to increase range and decrease weight on my MotoTec 1600w electric skateboard. I am currently using 3 -12v 15ah sealed lead acid battery and was wondering if I can swap these out. I understand it will be an expensive gamble, but was wondering if this will work or a better recommendation. Thanks for all of y’all times.

Specs usually refer to nominal voltages though. 36v for 10S is 50% charge. Nominals for liion can be 3.6v or 3.7v occasionally, lipos are almost always 3.7v and lifepo4 is 3.2v or 3.3v ish.

that’s one fat pack!

The thing I don’t get is they advertise it as lifepo4 10s which should be 36.5v full but it comes with a 43.8v charger.

Did you Ever Successfully upgrade your battery? Im looking to do the Same

Did anyone ever do this battery upgrade? Curious to see how this worked out. I am in the same situation

1 Like