Battery run time

Thank you I’ve been wondering about that, as I’m building a 4wd so I couldn’t figure out if the calculator I’m using was going to be accurate. Idk if it’s meant for single dual or quad drive setups and being my first build I didn’t know how the motors would react. So the 4 motors will draw the same currant if not less than 1 motor to do same task? Is that what you’re saying?

As far as I know, to generate the exact same torque as a single drive, a dual setup will draw the same amount of amps , but will split the power to each of the motors. Since the load is shared, each motor needs only half the amps of that single drive to do half the job.

What i’m not so sure about is what difference is in terms of efficiency between a single drive and a dual. If my dual drive needs 15Wh per mile, what would a single drive need? A bit more due to not running as efficient as a dual drive? Maybe people who experimented with single drive builds could help with an answer. I might do a single drive at some point and would like to know how efficiency is affected.

1 Like

Alright what you did have to share was helpful, thank you. I had thought adding motors would distribute the load and power usage, so my original design should perform as I had thought, between the motors they will share the weight of the 25 to 30 lb board plus my 155lbs maybe a 15lb bag and with all my stored power be able to carry me upwards of 100km with hills and hit a max speed of77 to 85 kmph according to my calc

Hello, do you know how I can calculate my time travler and max distante with my skate? Have some siite can make this calculation. I almost finishing my skateboard, my motor is 270 kv, 14/42 (motor gear/ wheel gear) and 10S2P lion 1 battery cell (2200 mA.22C)