Battery suddenly drains fast and limits my topspeed

Hi all :slight_smile:

I recently finished my diy eboard. The first time I took it outside I did a 12km ride and it was fun! When I got home the battery drained and the board couldn’t get me forward anymore. When I checked the battery at home It still had 30% left in my battery. (According to an inbuild battery meter) I charged my board en the next day I did another round with a fully charged battery. The first km I got my regular 38km/h speed but after just 1km I couldn’t go faster than 15km/h :frowning: now this keeps happening now and I really want to fix this, but I don’t know what it could be? Does someone experienced this?

My setup: 10s2p li-ion battery, Antispark switch, Flipsky Vesc (I did set it up with the software), Maytech 200KV motor.

sounds like:

1. Your batteries connections are poor, can you check your battery welds?

2. Your battery meter was improperly setup. Can you provide the exact link you purchased it with?

3. Your Vesc values are off. Can you send screenshots of your vesc tool?

Hey there, Thanks for your reply!

1. I was thinking this could be the problem, because my soldering wasn’t that great. Especially because my adjustable soldering machine broke and I had to use a replacement that wasn’t that well. I will redo al my soldering of the XT60 connectors next week, when I have time. To check if that was the problem, :slight_smile:

2. This is the link to my battery meter: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/dPmH0QfI I installed it to the exposed wires that come from my antispark on the VESC.

3. I don’t have the values of my vesc tool. yesterday I cleaned my pc (reinstalled) and dont’t have the software anymore. When I have time I’ll hook it up to my pc again and I’ll post the results here.

I also mean the series and parallel connections on the battery, not just the connectors

As for the battery meter, make sure its set up in the correct configuration… I dont remember how to do that, sorry x_X

To get the vesc values you had, simply connect the vescs, read the values and print screen back here :slight_smile: