Battery trouble... please help!

Do you have anything to check your meter on. If it’s not your meter. Your pack is dead

Check here. image

Yeah I checked there @lrdesigns… nothing. Not even an uptick at all in the voltage… Sounds like my battery might be toast…

:bread: + :fire: = TOAST!

NOOOOOOOO!! Damn… Looks like I gotta get myself a new battery setup.

Yeah looks like… :grimacing: But, just to make sure, you set your multimeter to dc voltage not ac right? Can you check if it’s functioning properly on a aa battery or so? Just to be sure it’s not the multimeter.

And the very last thing you could check. Is there a lose nickel strip somewhere in your pack? From the pictures it doesn’t look like but that’s the last thing why it could be 0v

Yeah, my multimeter is working fine, I just checked it on a AA battery. And all the connections are still soldered on and everything too. Damn, that’s a real bummer.

I wouldn’t give up hope QUITE yet.

Check between these of the same color. I’ve color coded them.

if I’m right about how this pack is constructed then you PROBABLY should see between 6.4V to 8.4V between each spot of the same color.

I chose these because they seem like the most easily accessible to measure.

If you see 0V between ALL of them then you’ve got a serious problem… the cells are 100% dead if that’s the case.

BUT if you see voltage between any of them then you’ve got hope. If three work or even one, then it’s likely that you’ve got a break between the cells. That’s fixable :smiley:

if you’d like to be more thorough, you can unplug the white plug that all the red cables lead to. Check the voltage between each pin. All pins that are directly next to eachother should read a minimum of 3.2V.

If you see voltage across some but not others then it’s possible that you can repair it.

If they all read 0V then it’s burnt :fire: :bread:.

d8bf6d733cf69b755377779455b322818c6cfafb

1 Like

That battery pack is a 10s4p, meassure the voltage of each group of 4 cells, if they all read 0 then your battery pack is toasted, but I highly doubt about that