Beercan Build | Alien 6355 | 2 x 4S 10000mAH | 83mm Stickies | VESC | Enertion nano-x

So I’ve made some real progress on this build. Thanks to @Blasto I’ve realised I could have caused a bit of an issue with the VESC. I have redesigned my bracket so that it’s even more secure and replaced the standard bolts with Nylon ones.

In this iteration I have turned the VESC through 90 degrees as it gives me much more space.

I’ve completed the end bracket which is now a mounting point for both the vesc receiver a battery indicator and alarm. I have also got a power switch in there. This will be for the battery indicator not the board so that it doesn’t drain the battery when in use.

I have also designed a bracket to allow me to hang the board on my wall. It works really well and even allows me to pop my helmet on top too.

I took the board out for a test ride yesterday and it works!!! I ran into performance issues, with there not being enough power. However once I got back I realised I had the min voltages set too high. I did another ride this evening and hit some good speeds.

I need to do two more jobs:

1. Make a battery cover
  2. Sort out the wiring so that I can charge both batteries in the board.
4 Likes

I must say, I love everything about your design process. Any chance of sharing the VESC mount file?

Not sure, I haven’t finished the build yet as I got distracted by family life and a motorbike once I’ve completed the project I may release it on thingiverse. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wanting to build something similar because I hate the idea of just tape or glue holding down my VESC. Printing one would be even better!

Great idea man!

1 Like

@gordy beautiful build, I love the beer can … have you seen the beercan of Mr. Gravier http://www.e-sk8.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=690 pure beauty…

1 Like

Wow that is quite an amazing build. I will have to lose a few hours going through all of that.

How’s the performance of the batteries? Looks really good!

Not hijacking the thread, but I can personally recommend the batteries, I use the same in my build. I get around 30km on my dual :smiley:

2 Likes

Damn that’s pretty good range! If I were to run a single with the same battery (8S 10000mah) I should more or less be getting slightly more range on it right? Only concern would be durability of the batteries

1 Like

Yeah, maybe a little more depending on your riding style. I’ve used mine for more than 1000km and they’ve been thrown around and almost ran over by a car (described in my build thread) and they still work perfectly. Not even puffed a bit! They have a few scratches though, but that’s it. I’m really impressed with them, I’d just love it if they were available in 5s…

I’ve only done test rides on the batteries so far so cannot speak for how good they are. Fraannk thanks for answering that.