Behind the Scenes | Raptor Electric Skateboard Production Process

Drive trains assembled… Getting closer now!

LAZER CUT GRIP TAPE HAS ARRIVED!

1 Like
3 Likes

Looks good jason. Like that you have enertian on there.

Sexy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

THIS GRIP APPLICATION PROCESS IS A BIT FIDDLY…

1 Like

sorry I should have phrased it better! I ordered the Raptor Dual, a spare charger and belts just before they where on sale ^^ So it’s just unlucky on my side no need to credit! Thanks though!

spent the last few days working on the VESC shipment had over 150 units to process. it has taken all my time so not much done with Raptor.

The vesc shipment also had the PCB for the new vesc remote, had some time to play with it, the antenna didn’t get shipped. so now waiting for antenna to arrive to finalise the setup of remote.

Also, all the Batteries for raptors are in hong kong ready for dispatch, however a fedex plane caught fire and had to land, now all battery shipments worldwide are stopped… waiting for more news.

Wasn’t that 3 weeks ago? The plane didn’t actually catch fire, it was a faulty signal. I contacted my li-ion supplier and nothing is on hold. Are you sure your information is correct?

are they any articles about this? I googled it and found nothing.

I didn’t order a raptor, but I’m excited to see how they turn out.

@onloop, are you going to sell the vsec remote separately? Been needing a better remote than these big bulky rc car remotes.

1 Like

I hate hearing news or rumors of battery fires. Really hoping they don’t get regulated into oblivion.

@onloop @evoheyax me too! I loved my nunchuk controller but gave up on it after several attempts to make it dropout free!

Ive just seen news on USA today note airlines banning hoverboards on US flights. Due to recorded incidences of them lighting up. Back in early Oct discussions by FAA about banning Lithium batteries in large quanities. Some airlines reported as banning them.ICAO made a recomnendation. Not to hijack this thread, but it is important.

Correct weight. Info from IATA under lithium ion batteries as cargo on passenger planes Couldnt upload pdf into this reply. To take effect 1/4/16. Believe its still up to airlines to make the descion to instigate recomnendations. They are putting more safety measures in place.

Cargo planes are a different story. I think you are referring to passenger planes.

I did some investigating and there is no shipping restrictions at this time, thankfully it is business as usual. I have a shipment leaving Hong Kong today and it would have been unfortunate if it were delayed.

Chaka I did some investigating and there is no shipping restrictions at this time. Yes should be no issues for now, but suspect there maybe more restrictions next year potentially.

There is a completely different set of regulations for certified battery packers. Each carrier has a slightly different set of guidelines regarding this.

I get packages with several thousand watt hours of total capacity. The amount is even listed in the shipping notes. According to current consumer level regulation this should not be possible, the reason it is possible is because of the two different sets of regulation.

I haven’t been able to ship to US or Europe for two weeks. Battery shipment to Australia no problems.

What carrier are you shipping with? are they individual cells or pre-built packs?

THE RAPTOR COMPLETES ARE SOLD OUT

Due to overwhelming demand, Limited time & my CF factory can’t supply the CF deck fast enough - I cannot build anymore Raptors in 2015! As I will be taking some time off in January with family also, so means I won’t start building again until Feb 2016.

Thank you to everyone who has ordered during the promo period, I am working hard to ship these boards late next week.

I’ll keep updating with any developments that occur.

Current issues are;

• Battery shipments from hong kong
  • Remote antennas not arriving with the PCB order

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS A RAPTOR PRE-ORDERS ARE AVAILABLE I expect that supply of these boards will be very limited for the first few months of 2016 as I can only produce 10-20 CF decks every 20-30 days.

Realistically I can only build boards in batches of 20 - which takes about 1-2 weeks.

Apart from the CF Deck the only other possible stock issue that might arise, are;

• VESC, if demand keeps outstripping supply… but this should be ok now thanks to big qty production orders
  • Battery shipments out of Hong Kong. Let’s hope no more aviation issues occur.

Supply of all other components is good.