Benchwheel pairing issues

You can’t change the mode once you have moved the trigger. You need to power off then on again to change the mode. The trigger locks the mode.

2 Likes

@yaca @Norco Don’t worry it just seems to take awhile how long the button should be pushed for

Thanks everyone for helping out! I have been able to take out my board for the first time in over 2 weeks after waiting for a new remote and troubleshooting it :slight_smile: This is why the DIY esk8 community is so good

Could someone just give me a little advice here please?

Which pins do i connect the ESC to on the receiver? Do i need a separate power source for it if my ESC has BEC?

1 Like

I don’t know about the BEC but the 3 pins closest to the antenna connect to the ESC.

Yes, thank you. I tried that and it came on (blue led). Still can’t pair it though :frowning:

Turn on the ESC Connect the RX and turn on the remote at the same time while holding the remote power button until you hear 2 or 3 beeps, depending on model

I got the two beeps, but no control from the remote…

Do you have to do anything after you get the two beeps? Thing is, holding down the power button on the remote, even when not trying to pair gives me two beeps after a few seconds.

just turn everything off and then back on. I have 3 benchwheel remotes and this has always worked for me.

OK, I’ll give it another go, thanks :thumbsup:

I think I’ll wait until my remote is fully charged.

No worries, just slow down and maybe take a break. Remotes can be frustrating as hell :slight_smile:

@darkkevind I think It depends on what board you are using. Whether it’s Benchwheel board or a DIY board. If it is a benchwheel board then I think the instructions are up the page. I have DIY using a vesc and you plug the connects to the inside 3 plugs on the receiver. Remember you must order the remote and receiver together.

What I eventually did for DIY (through the help of this fourm):

-Charge you batteries for the board and the remote. -Plug your receiver into the esc -Turn off both the remote and the board -Press and hold the small white button on the receiver -Press and hold the remotes red power button -Turn on the board still holding down both the white button and the red button until it pairs (should start flashing a blue light on the receiver quite fast at this point) -Turn the board and the remote on and off

I’d try those a few times and if it doesn’t work switch the order slightly and keep trying

Thanks, I’ll try what you’ve suggested. It’s a DIY board and i did get them together. I thought they’d already be paired to be honest. No such luck.

I’m still waiting for the remote to charge! I’ve only got one light still and it’s been on charge for hours. It’s charging with a Samsung phone charger, pretty sure it’s 1.5mah… Is that enough?

If it’s 1 green light, the one on top, that means it’s fully charged.

Those battery lights on the remote don’t mean anything unless you have a Bench wheel board, just ignore them.

When charging the remote they mean a lot. The lights will light up 1 start time up to the battery level, each light being 20%. When the remote is fully charged you will have a single green light at the top.

Are you sure? My remote only shows the very top blue light (the low mode light) while charging?

I have 3…1 from Benchwheel, 1 from MEB and 1 from Alibaba.its the same on all of mine, not saying it couldn’t be different, especially if from a different source or manufacturing run.

Haha sorry that might have sounded like I was having a dig at you, I’m just curious how mine is not doing that as it would be nice to see when it’s fully charged rather than just assuming it’s charged after a certain period.

No worries. I don’t know why it’s different. I charge my 2 diy by plugging them into my computer, my kid uses a Samsung Android phone charger in his actual Benchwheel remote. The funny this they all have different markings/labels but the same lights. Weird.