Bergmeister pneumatics, ready to ship at a special forum discount

Im gonna test them on both surfrodz TKP and RKP trucks. Both with psychotiller mounts.

6 Likes

You know hes got a broken arm hey? By sending him this stuff you are actively encouraging him to go against doctors orders. Shame on you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Its not broken. Its just the tendons arenā€™t attachedā€¦Hush you. Lol Itā€™s not even my remote arm. Iā€™ve got an entire extra arm still. Iā€™m good.

10 Likes

Perhaps somebody can assist @skunk with some decent wrapping image

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

I see the trucks for sale on your site but not the mounts to go with them?

hi there @humanisticnick: yes that is correct. the reason is that there was quite some interest in the trucks without the motor mounts so that they can be used for custom direct drive / hub motor designs. Another reason why the trucks are currently not sold with the mounts is that the mounts require a very specific motor shaft length combined with our pulleys. There are very tight tolerances so we thought it is best to offer trucks, motors, motor mounts and pulleys in one of two sets:

Haggy Drive System ā€“ Street Senor Pepe or Haggy Drive System ā€“ 2-in-1 Bergmeister and Senor Pepe

If you are interested in the Kahua trucks with motor mount, do let me know and I am sure we can work something out.

regards Timo

2 Likes

IMG20181203234306

IMG20181203225001

IMG20181203234651

Thanks to Timoā€™s offer on the wheels, I jumped in and grabbed a set of red onesā€¦

I adapted the Bergmeister wheels to my geared drive which used to run the cheap AliExpress 6x2 wheels on my mini AT boardā€¦

I havenā€™t had the chance to ride it properly yet but in the quick test I did it definitely has less rolling resistance. The build quality is also top notch compared to the AliExpress wheelsā€¦

Next step is to swap over to Haggy trucks insteadā€¦

13 Likes

Could you please let us know if these hubs will accept 6x2 Ali tires?

1 Like

would you say that the tires are the reason for less rolling resistance or is it the hubs or both? I would have thought that the tires are the main cause of that resistance.

I have the adapter for bothā€¦

Itā€™s a bit of both in my opinionā€¦ The AliExpress wheels have a huge contact patch because of the way the tire is essentially flatā€¦

On top of that the stock bearings are horribleā€¦

Hereā€™s a technical drawing showing the physics behind this phenomenon

friction

6 Likes

Ok, i am just trying to learn and be able to have a decent Experience with my aliexpress wheels because I have them and I will not be able to buy a different brand for a long time. So if changing tires and bearings will help make them at least half as good as the more expensive ones Iā€™d be happy. (To be fair I did not yet ride mine so I donā€™t know how good or bad they are compared to other wheels)

So all other things being the same, by just changing the tires I should have the same ride quality with any hubs?

The biggest upgrade you can make to those wheels is the bearing, @ervinelin is on to something with that. Getting them out without a bearing press/extractor is interesting. You can use a vice and some ingenuity.

The wheel itself makes a difference from a balance and weight perspective, heavier will give you less torque and wobbly will vibrate and slow you down, not to mention itā€™ll chomp away at your belts if you are on belts.

That Ali wheel is really decent for the price though! Get some of those car wheel balance weights and put your wheel on the axel, spin it and balance it slowly until its smooth, that will go a long way. With that and a decent bearing upgrade they will feel like new wheels.

1 Like

Thanks a lot I will follow your advice. I might end up with balance weight all around the hub tho

@riverside.rider sorry about the off topic, that was inconsiderate of me to drag it for that long in your thread.

I agree, for the price u canā€™t complainā€¦ However the bearing upgrade can cost a fair bit (not standard skate bearing) and swapping the bearings was a real pain.

I had to hammer out the old bearing (some were rusty) then grind down the bearing seat because the replacement bearing refused to fit.

Also, one of the inner tubes came leaking tooā€¦

The hubs are also quite heavy so they affect the ride a bit. I also tried to balance them but never got them super well balanced.

So overall my impression of them was not good at all.

The Bergmeister wheels however are a totally different class in comparisonā€¦

2 Likes

My apologies as well. But you can continue this discussion on my build threadā€¦ hereā€¦ the Mini Rolling Fortress

1 Like