šŸ† Best Build of 2018! Nominations

Thatā€™s a gorgeous looking battery. Any reason you used black and red cables? Just for organization purposes?

1 Like

Thank you this was my first big battery build, my other batteryā€™s were small like a Ego 7s3p and a 10s3p for my Raptor.

They are all 20awg silicone wires, I used different colors for organizing it, I had to upgrade the balance wires because I use a 8a charger and the 22awg wire is rated for 7a, I used 2 12awg wires to connect the series and a .2x25mm nickel strips for the P groups.

1 Like

Awesome, I have a good amount of 20ga from my RC days. Okay, Iā€™m going to stop derailing this thread! Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Can I through my build in to the mix.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really like rules but can we at least have a build thread for each nomination and say it has to be finished by midnight 12/31 GMT?

Iā€™m 01/01-02 Iā€™ll post a new thread with all of the nominations, links to the build threads and a poll. Then let the poll run for 7 days and call the most poll votes the winner. Iā€™ll make a trophy and gift bag for the winner.

11 Likes

I havenā€™t publicly announced this build yet as it is not finished yet (I donā€™t like creating build threads now until Iā€™m done my build).

But just a sneak peek. It features:

• 12s5p of 5000mah zippys (25ah in total or 1110 Wh)
  • 4wd hummie hubs
  • 4x focbox
  • DieBieMS (wired in parallel for higher amp discharge)
  • Modified hummie deck
  • Phycotiller enclosure
  • Metr Pro Bluetooth Module
  • A bunch of custom 3d printed parts, including an electronics tray (similar to enertions) so I have screw mounts and parts are easy to replace if needed (and going to cnc mill a mold for pouring a silicon grommet to seal the enclosure instead of the foam thatā€™s there now)

All is all, expecting the build to be between 13.5hp (10k watts) to 15hp (12k watts), depending on what the focboxā€™s can actually handle without throttling. Top speed should still be around 30 mph.

It may not be the sexiest build, but itā€™s range and power are not an issue.

Weight is about 34lb only also (considering the 4x hubs and battery size, I thought that was pretty good).

Total cost to build was just under 2k USD.

IMG-3315

camphoto-1483920592

19 Likes

What if we did different categories

2 Likes

So thereā€™s still time for me to finish my build??? Nahā€¦I need another year.

Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

What did you have in mind? I kind of like the idea, but I donā€™t want this turn into a job. I just figured weā€™d recognize the best build of the year.

6 Likes

100% agree it shouldnā€™t be a job. What if we had a most innovative. Best pro build. Maybe nicest looking deck.

Nicest looking deck would be the only one Iā€™m interested in cause I just want to win something and I know mine isnā€™t the cleanest looking/innovative.

1 Like

Cool thar I have some mentions in here. Haha! Happy New Year everyone!

1 Like

Haha can we have most torque street build? Haha thatā€™s likely the only catagory Iā€™d win lol

build thread?

http://a.memegen.com/to15d3.gif

too much work, iā€™m out.

gottta make shit shiny AF.

20181231_131506

18 Likes

If you keep wet sanding at 2000 grit then give it a good buff with a buffing wheel and polishing compound and it will look like a mirror. I polish alot of gun parts itā€™s a labor of love lol

5 Likes

I was impressed by this one. Singapore guys are pulling their weight!

5 Likes

six hours in the vibratory tumbler (green pyramids and simple green). then using a muslin buffing wheel with fine compound, then a bare wheel without compound to shine it up. This is already 1000x better than mill finish.

and i totally get the labor of love thing - i just want it to be as perfect as i can make it.

/end of thread derail

5 Likes

Thanks but too much pressure! @SkaterBoy58 has too be in the running

4 Likes
image image image :grin:
27 Likes

Ok, but which one? :grinning:

Iā€™m going to throw this in the pot, not because it is the most powerful or badass board, but because all of @Eboosted builds look so damn nice :eyes:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-biohazard-jet-spud-29-10s3p-107-flywheels-dual-6355/58365

6 Likes