šŸ„‡ Best Build of 2018! (Poll)

Thanks man! That means a lot to me!

4 Likes

I donā€™t think there is any rules against campaigning.

Thereā€™s not, very few rules for this one. Itā€™s going to be an annual thing from now on, there will still be very few rules but much better organized.

1 Like

If your build deserved it, it would get more votes :wink:

Dide, unnecessary.

Iā€™m just messing. My username is venom because heā€™s my favorite baddie. Waiting for him to take the bait

Have you had a sense of humour bypass my friend? It was meant in jest. Please donā€™t be offended when you nominate your own creation if you get a bit of stick.

Itā€™s all good, just keep it fun. This thread wasnā€™t meant to say anyoneā€™s build was bad, just name the one that the community thinks is best.

I mean, I feel like my ā€˜Hazzardā€™ build is the most fun Iā€™ve ever had on a board with the small wheels, low center of gravity, and it looks awesome. But itā€™s not the fastest nor the most innivative so Iā€™m sure it wouldnā€™t have won.

Regarsless, I think itā€™s the best build of 2018. But how many people think that about their own builds?

8 Likes

Well now I feel like I canā€™t let my hard work go to waste @briman05ā€¦ 20190106_171806

2 Likes

Now youā€™re at it too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

ROFL :grinning: Ā 

1 Like

7 Likes

I definitely hear you about the boards. Mine is not innovative at all. However I will say that this was my first build and first eboard so going from the push boards to this that would have killed me if I hadnā€™t worn a helmet. It has definitely lived up the the crazed lunatic that is the joker.

Plus this was my first attempt at blending colors with my posca pens. I have some new parts to it either they have gone on or will be going on soon. Including riptide pivot cups and bushings, popoca and custom x braces from @akhlut that I just finished doing today. Iā€™ll be posting pics on my Instagram tomorrow of them.

6 Likes

Hey my friend listen there is no malice here toward you. Its just friendly banter. Consider yourself worthy of it rather than take offence. Its testament to how familiar people feel with you that allows the ragging. Revel in it and start telling us to go fxxk ourselves. I love the graphics on your board and its a great build. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I like how you split it into builders and pros. In future years maybe this could grow into more categories. Itā€™s cool that this is gonna be an annual thing.

Canā€™t help but think there was probably some awesome builds in January and February which were forgotten by the time nominations started.

Maybe the nomination list could be a work in progress throughout the year this year? Itā€™d be an awesome review of the entire year, and reminder of some of the awesome work completed by members. Build of the year chosen from 12 builds of the month?

We could even do a 2020 calendar :joy:

9 Likes

Game. I vote vendors calendar. @longhairedboy @psychotiller @JLabs @hyperIon1 @Eboosted @onloop @Kug3lis @torqueboards @trampa @treenutter

12 Likes

With tail (at least 13cm / 5.1" from bolts) Without tail With pneumatics Without pneumatics Best single-motor build <7kg (15.43 lbs) boards Best 4WD build

9 Likes

Oh I know there is no malice behind it and take no offence from it. I can take all the criticism/banter. That was a friendly flipping of the bird.

1 Like

I think that is getting to specific. I could see most innovative, best looking or on the reverse side most ratchet but would have to be self nominated for the ugly side. Because even the ugly girls need some love too.

1 Like

Then it will turn into a thing where every board that wins has pneumatics and no tail.

Most of the time when I ride, I want a short board with a tail, without pneumatics. Sometimes I want a long heavy board, but not most times, because Iā€™m not going more than a few miles.

So then this contest turns into a ā€œbling festivalā€ instead of ā€œbest practical machineā€.

I strongly encourage at least some categories.

4 Likes